Day One: Leg Strength Day and Cardio"Pick your favorite five to six exercises and give about one minute between sets to build endurance."
Quads and Glutes
- Classic Squats: Three sets of 12 to 15 repetitions (reps). Determine what your single repetition (rep) maximum is and try to complete the 12 to 15 reps at 50 to 60 percent of that number.
- 666 Squats (Hell Squats): Do six sets of six reps taking six seconds to perform the squat. Rest one second at the bottom, then take six seconds to lift back to the upright position. Go LIGHT on weights.
- Leg Press: Three sets of 12 to 15 reps. Alternate between seated leg presses and standing leg presses on different days.
- Lunges: Three sets of 12 to 15 reps holding dumbbells. Make sure to use weight you can handle to complete a full set of reps.
- Kettle Bell Sumo Squats: Four sets of 10 to 16 reps.
- Calf Raises: Three sets 10 to 12 reps using HEAVY weights.
- Wall Sit: Keep your back flat against the wall, make sure your quads are parallel to floor, your knees are at a 90-degree angle, and you arms are folded across your chest. Start with one minute and build up to three minutes.
- Box Jumps: Three sets of 12 to 15 reps. The box should be slightly taller than the top of your knee caps. Jump up using both feet and land on the ground on two feet.
- Cardio: At a steady pace, do 20 minutes on the stair climber.
More: 4 Winter Fitness Tips
Day Two: Upper Body with Functional Cardio Pace Core Focus
- Four sets of 50 mountain climbers progressing into maximum number of pushups to failure, which is doing as many as you can.
- Four sets of 10 to 15 reps of burpee pushups with a vertical jump.
- Four sets of 16 to 20 reps super setting (going back to back) high lat pulls to low pully rows.
- Four sets of 25 to 50 reps of core holds (sitting with your legs off the ground and slightly leaned back) and shoulder pressing light weights using dumbbells or a medicine ball.
- Three sets of 10 to 15 reps per leg of leg side raises. Balance on one leg while doing a side raise with the other.
- Four sets of 100 boxing shadow punches while holding 5 to 10 pound dumbbells. Use your core in the twisting motion while throwing punches.
- Three sets of 20 reps of V-ups.
- Three sets of 100 bicycle crunches.
Day Three: Interval Cardio Day
- Treadmill: 20 minutes of walking or jogging on an incline
- Bike or Elliptical: 20 minutes
- Rowing Machine: 20 minutes
- Jumping Rope: 5 minutes