Whimsical half marathon with many chances to win. Fun games and activities for the entire family. Christmas entertainment on the route.
Course: half marathon starts at beach park goes north through a residential area and return to beach park then into Fort Clinch to the historic town back through the Fort with the finish on the beach. The 5K route is the same route going through the residential area.
Half Marathon/5K Awards: overall and age group, fastest, middle, last reindeer in
Special reindeer bib lottery. Christmas costume contest.
New hoofs drawing (shoes).
Unique medal to all half marathon finishers.
Walkers are welcome and must complete the course in 3.5 hours.
Official race rules: no headphones, animals with the exception of service animals, bicycles, or strollers on course.
Tech T-shirts for half marathoners/cotton shirts for 5K runners.
Proceeds benefit: The Healthy Families Program, the Nassau Humane Society, Friends of Ft. Clinch and Amelia Island Runners Youth Running Program
Kids Awards and Activities: 1- and 1/2-mile fun runs (12 and under) with Santa along with a tiny reindeer run 100 yard dash (1 to 4 years). Prizes to all finishers. Best christmas costume. Kids fun zone.
No t-shirts for children. $5.00 registration fee for gifts for "Toys for Tots" program.
Amelia Island Runners is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Event schedule and times
SATURDAY, December 7, 2013 (St. Peters Episcopal Church, 801 Atlantic Ave.)
- Packet Pick-Up, 1:00-7:00 p.m.
- Registrations for All Races, 1:00-5:00 p.m. (Last Day to Register)(No refunds on registrations.)
- Pre-Race Pasta Dinner, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013 (Main Beach Park)
- Packet Pick-Up, 6:00 a.m.
- No Half Marathon/5K Registrations
- Half/5K Race Start Time: 7:00 a.m.
- Kids Registration Prior to Race Time
- Kids Race Times: 10:00 a.m. 1 Mile; 10:15 a.m. 1/2 Mile; 10:30 a.m. 100 Yard Dash