Racers begin The Publix Grandman Triathlon with a jump off of Fairhope Pier and 1/3-mile swim in Mobile Bay to the shore. After the swim comes a 18 mile bike ride through the charming city of Fairhope. The ride begins with one steep hill and five miles of rolling countryside. The race to the finish line begins with a 3.1 mile run through the streets of Fairhope and along the Bay. - See more at: http://thegrandman.com/#sthash.ylIDEeD6.dpufRACER INFO: AWARDS
You are only eligible to receive an award in the division you enter. Age group participants are not eligible for Weight Division awards. Clydesdales (men weighing 220+ lbs.) and Athenas (women weighing 165+ lbs.) are not eligible for Age Group.
ENTRIES WITH NO DIVISION MARKED WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE PLACED IN THE AGE GROUP DIVISION. CHANGES IN DIVISION ARE SUBJECT TO A $10 TRANSFER FEE. NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE AFTER MAY 15, 2017.
AWARDS GO TO THE TOP MALE & FEMALE in:
2.MASTER DIVISION: Overall fastest time for male and female racer in the 40-49 year age group.
3.GRANDMASTER DIVISION: Overall fastest time for male and female racer over 50.
4.RUN, BIKE, SWIM SPLITS
Top 3 Male & Female in the following categories:
1.AGE GROUP DIVISION: Comprised of those wishing to compete only against other athletes of the same sex and age. Some waves may consist of more than one age group and/or may contain both males and females.?
- Under 20, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+.
2.CLYDESDALE DIVISION: Comprised of men weighing 220 or more pounds. Clydesdale participants are not eligible for Age Group awards.
3.ATHENA DIVISION: Comprised of women weighing 165 or more pounds. Athena participants are not eligible for Age Group awards.
4.FAT TIRE DIVISION: For folks who are using a mountain bike for the race.
5.FIRST TIMERS: In order to qualify for this category, this must be your first ever triathlon. Everyone will be checked through USAT! A $10 fee will be charged if category changes are required.
Top Three TEAMS: For those who don’t want to go it alone. Teams can consist of 2 or 3 individuals taking on 1 or 2 legs of the race. They can be comprised of males and/or females. No individual teammate is allowed to race the entire race.
- See more at: http://www.thegrandman.com/racer-info-awards#sthash.TOBuK896.dpuf
Event details and scheduleRACE COURSE: SWIM
RACE COURSE: BIKE
Racers will leave transition, turning right onto South Section Street/Highway 3 and continue to Greeno Road/U.S. Highway 98. Racers will then turn right onto Greeno Road/U.S. Highway then make a quick right turn onto Scenic Highway 98/Mobile Street which will return to the race site. Bike Course length is 18 miles.
- See more at: http://www.thegrandman.com/race-course-bike#sthash.ZZkgnQrT.dpufRACE COURSE: RUN
The run is 5k (3.1 miles) and will start by heading directly up the hill (on the north side of the hill, not the south). At the top of the hill, you'll make a left turn and head around Knoll Park to Bayview Avenue. Follow Bayview to North Avenue (turn right) and then right again on Summit. You'll run on Summit to Oak Street, turn around and head back to the Pier following the same path. At the bottom of the hill, you'll turn right and make a loop through the park (all the way to the duck pond) and along the sidewalk by the pier. The finish will be on the south side of the traffic circle in the field.
- See more at: http://www.thegrandman.com/race-course-run#sthash.s6oVYHBU.dpuf
There will be one entry into the transition area and one exit to the transition area.
1. Transition Area will be open to racers at 5:30am
2. Only body-marked racers allowed into the Transition Area
3. Transition Area closed for setup at 7am
4. Transition Area will re-open to allow racers to remove items at 10:30am. Only 5 racers are allowed into the Transition Area at this time to gather their belongings. This is to avoid overcrowding the transition area while racers are still on the race course. Once the last racer has crossed the finish line, the transition area will be open.
5. Bike number must match your body marking number to leave the Transition Area
6. You MAY NOT reach over blue netting to remove anything from the Transition Area
7. Please be patient and give other racers the courtesy of completing the race
- See more at: http://www.thegrandman.com/race-course-transition#sthash.BjH4Qka6.dpuf