Description:\nThis certificate training program provides a strong foundation for the delivery of high quality ABA-based services. Upon completion of this three day course participants will have a thorough understanding of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and will be able to use these principles effectively during the delivery of ABA services. The course content will focus on skill building and supporting positive behaviour.
\nRegistration will be limited to 20 participants per session.
\nCourse Objectives\nAt the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
• Operationally define behaviour and/or skills to teach
• Describe and use a variety of data collection techniques and identify the most appropriate for each situation
• Describe and use errorless learning teaching techniques including prompts, shaping, chaining and reinforcement
• Develop a plan to fade prompts and reinforcement
• Develop a plan to maintain learned skills and support generalization
\nAssignments and Certification\nParticipants will be required to complete and submit a final in class assignment based on a video observation. The written plan must address the reduction of a challenging behaviour and the teaching of a replacement skill, using the ABA techniques and concepts discussed in the course. A certificate of achievement will be awarded based on satisfactory completion of the assignment.
\nPre- requisites\nThis course offers advanced level training. Participants are encouraged to complete Introduction to Autism prior to attaining this course. Visit our E-Learning site at elearning.autism.net for more information.
\nDate: March 12, 13, 14
\nTime: 9:00am - 4:00pm
\nParticipants must attend all three days in the same session to complete the course.
\nEarly Bird Rate:\nRegister 30 days before your class\nand receive a $20 discount off the regular price.