This is a special Long Island State Parks Summer Series program for those who are shut out of Tier-1. This allows you to still participate in Tier-1 by provding volunteer(s) for all eight races. As an added incentive, we reduced the price to $50!. Contact information for the volunteer must be included with your registration. Please read the requirements below.
Event details and schedule
Long Island State Parks Summer Run Series -Tier 1 Entry + Volunteer Program
This is information for both the volunteer and the particpant.
# Grand Prix Races
Wheelchair Accessible Races
Please arrive EARLY to avoid traffic.
Some park roads and parking lots will be
closed prior to 7 PM for preparation of race
course. Late arrivals may have difficulty in
reaching the starting line in time for the
start of the race.
- Volunteers will need to check in at the red finish line trailer by 6:15 pm before each race. Events are held rain or shine!
- Volunteers will be assigned to help out at a water or refreshment stations. Volunteers must stay at their assigned posts until all of the runners have past their area.
- A group of volunteers will be needed to assist with packet stuffing. This will take place approximately two weeks before the first race and there will be an added incentive to participate - more to follow!
- Volunteers will be given a event volunteer shirt and will have access to all refreshments including the final post race party.
- You may have more then one volunteer to help split up the dates if needed. Please contact David Katz at email@example.com to add the names and contact information.
SUMMER RUN SERIES
SCHEDULE & THEMES
# 6/12 HECKSCHER......... 5 miles
# 6/19 SUNKEN MEADOW.. 10 K
Home Town Apparel Run
# 6/26 BELMONT LAKE.......... 5 K
7/10 BETHPAGE.................. 5 K
# 7/17 HEMPSTEAD LAKE..... 4 K
7/24 CAUMSETT.................. 5 K
Pirates & Princesses Run
# 7/31 ROBERT MOSES......... 5 K
Sports Team RunNUMBER/RACE TIMING TAG
8/7 Jones Beach.........5 Mile Run
All races stat at 7 pm promptly!
ABSOLUTELY NO BABY JOGGERS OR STROLLERS
ARE PERMITTED ON THE RACE ROUTES!
NUMBER/RACE TIMING TAG
PICKUP DATES & TIMES
Wednesday, June 7 - Friday, June 9
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, June 10
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Long Island State Park Headquarters
Belmont Avenue, Exit 37N
off the Southern State Pkwy.
Registration pick up will ONLY take place
at State Park Headquarters. Therefore you
MUST pick up your shirt, number and tag prior to the first race.
Medals will be presented to the first
three male and female finishers per
race, per age category.
0-12, 13-15, 16-20, 21-24, 25-29,
30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54,
55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79,
80-84, 85-89, 90+ and wheelchair.
*Age recorded at time of registration; must remain
the same during entire series regardless of birthday
The results of 5 races ONLY will be
counted towards the Grand Prix totals.
T-shirts, Magnets and giveaways:
To all participants.
Beverages, snack foods and water
will be distributed after all races to
race participants wearing official bibs
Saratoga Springs Here We Come!!
Win a weekend of fun and excitement
for 2 at the beautiful Gideon
Putnam Hotel, the Garden City Hotel
of the North, to be held November
Two Ways To Win !!
1. Special Weekly drawings for trips -
Tier II participants are not eligible
for any raffle prizes at Tier I races.
You must be present to win.
2. Grand Prix Point winners - trips
will be presented to the first five
OVERALL male and female
Please see the attached link for all race information
Finish Line Road Race Technicians Inc