- Race Results
Join ACTS and Image Church, in their third year partnering for 'IWalk for ACTS' a 2.25 mile fundraising and awareness walk through downtown Dumfries. The walk is followed by a free community festival.
Part I: The Walk:
- $20/person or $50/family registration fee
- Registration at 9 a.m., Group start @ 10 a.m.
- Start/finish celebration at Merchant Park (Intersection of Cameron and Duke Streets) in Dumfries, VA
- Participants receive: event t-shirts, breakfast and the chance to win prizes
- Route fully supported – rest stops, first aid, food/drink
Part II: The Free Community Festival:
- Hosted at Merchant Park (Intersection of Cameron and Duke Streets) in Dumfries, VA
- Open to walk participants and community at large
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Free food + drink, music and performances throughout the day, lots of kids’ activities and fun for the entire family
Funds raised through this event will support the ACTS programs listed below. Participants have the opportunity to allocate their regisration fee/donation to a specific program if desired.
- Emergency Assistance - We are fortunate to live in a community where Neighbors help Neighbors. Your donation to the Emergency Assistance program just might be helping one of your neighbors in need keep their electricity or water in service.
- Food Pantry - Living in one of the wealthiest communities in the country, it's hard to imagine a child going to bed hungry. However, each month the ACTS Food Pantry serves nearly 1,000 households who experience food insecurity. Your $100 donation will provide food for a family of four.
- Employment Program - A gift of $100 will assist one of our Nursing Assistant students with the cost of their course books and uniform. As newly certified Nurse Assistants, our students are proud of their accomplishment and we want them starting their new careers looking their best.
- ACTS Helpline is the only 24/7/365 crisis/suicide prevention hotline serving Prince William County and the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. Helpline offers confidential, non-judgmental listening and crisis intervention. Programs include: Senior Link (call reassurance program for seniors and shut -ins), Surviving After Suicide and LOSS (support for families and friends who are grieving the death of a loved one by suicide), and Renewed Hope (support for suicide attempt survivors). Community training is provided in suicide prevention, intervention, and post-vention, active listening skills, and stress management.
- ACTS Housing Services program strives to alleviate and end homelessness in a variety of ways, through the Emergency Homeless Shelter and sustainable housing programs. While families are in residence, they receive day care assistance if qualified. The following classes and services are available: intensive case management, life skills, parenting, financial planning, job readiness skills, computer training, nutrition, resume writing, personal life coaching, mentoring and GED tutoring. We help clients with goal identification. Our hands-on approach assists clients in securing housing and bringing stability to their lives.
- SAVAS empowers survivors of sexual assault to heal and move forward in their lives and is committed to ending all forms of sexual assault in our community. We offer individual counseling, support groups, a 24-hour crisis hotline, hospital accompaniment, court accompaniment, prevention education programs, and self-defense classes for victims age 12 and up.
- Turning Points: Imagine you have the power to instantly free the world of the toxic cycle of violence and change it into a magical paradise. Admittedly that is a dream that as yet has not manifested, right now however you have the ability transform lives forever as a donor for programs that provide Court Advocacy, Community Awareness & Education, Domestic Violence Shelters, Adult & Child Advocacy, Hispanic Services and Behavioral Intervention Though we are all faced with difficult economic times honestly with donors like you as our partners we have the unique ability to provide a mighty force against the negative impact of abuse in our community. Help us free families, neighbors, the community and society of the cycle of abuse because transforming lives in a positive, healthy holistic way is the right thing to do.
For more information on ACTS, please visit our website at www.actspwc.org.
For more information on Image Church, please visit their website at www.imagechurch.com.
Event schedule and times
- Walk registration at 9 a.m., Group start @ 10 a.m.
- Free Community Festival 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
If you should have any questions, or need additional information, please contact Robin Sheedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map & Direction
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Merchant Park Corner of Duke and Cameron Streets, 3944 Cameron St Dumfries, VA 22026Get Directions