Guidelines for TEAM WPSD:
1. Runners must commit to meeting the fundraising goal that corresponds with their distance. Goals are listed below.
2. Contact WPSD to express your interest in joining TEAM WPSD by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Complete the Registration Form that will be provided by WPSD.
4. Create your personal fundraising website and receive support from WPSD to meet your goals. After contacting the school we will walk you through each step!
5. Once you achieve 75% of your goal by March 1, 2012, WPSD will register you with the Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
NEW THIS YEAR: Runners do not have to register at www.pittsburghmarathon.com. Charity Runners must complete the Registration Form provided by the Charity itself.
We look forward to having as many runners as possible!
Minimum fundraising goals for 2012:
(Your registration fee is included in these goals)
$250 5k Runners & *Walkers
$400 Half-Marathon Runners & *Walkers
$600 Full-Marathon Runners & *Walkers
$900 Relay Team Runners & *Walkers
*Walkers will start with runners at 7:30 a.m. start time. Due to a number of walkers that did not adhere to the posted walker rules, there will NOT be a separate “walker start time.”
· Marathon walkers must adhere to a 13:42 per mile pace with a 6-hour limit.
· Half Marathon walkers must adhere to a 3.5 hour limit. Due to the course restrictions, walkers who do not reach the final checkpoint of the Half Marathon will be required to board the sweep vehicle.
For questions, please contact Don K. Rhoten at email@example.com or by calling 570-497-9238.