Jeff Welch's Team In Training Page
Racing to Save Lives
Some time ago, when I became interested in running longer distances, I ran across an article that gave me a great process for building stamina. The idea being, run/walk in cycles. So, run 5 minutes and walk 1 minute over and over again. I tried it, but I hated having to look down at my watch all the time.
Then I came across another article that discusses using iTunes to do this for you. You simply create a playlist and manually change the songs to stop when the next step begins.
So now, I took it one step further and created a script that does this for you. You just specify the name of the playlist and the interval pattern (5 minute run/1 minute walk, 10 minute run/3:30 minute walk) and it will create a new runners playlist for you. It will even add a "Ding" before each section to help you out.
Here's how to use it:
- Download the file.
- Unzip to your desktop.
- Add the "Ding.mp3" to iTunes.
- Create a playlist that you want to use.
- Inside the "iTunes Runners Playlist" double click the "CreateRunnersPlayList.vbs"
- Give it the name of the playlist you just created.
- Give it the pattern you desire (ex 5,1:30 = Five minute run and 90 second walk).
If you want to reset all the songs back to their original end time, double click the "UndoCreateRunnersPlaylist.vbs" and give it the name of the original playlist.
Questions? Comments? Email me.