Welcome! Thank you for joining us in celebrating and supporting the achievements of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities at the 8th Annual STAR Walk, Roll & Stroll!
Event Date: Sunday, May 5, 2013
Location: Sherwood Island State Park, Westport, CT 06880
Time: 10:15 am registration begins; 11:30 am walk begins rain or shine
Each walker is encouraged to raise a minimum of $100.
For information or to volunteer: 203-846-9581 ext. 339
There are 5 easy ways to support the STAR Walk, Roll & Stroll :
1. Join us at the Walk! Just let us know you're coming by clicking "Register for this Event" at the very top of the page. (Note: There is no registration fee, however, each walker will automatically receive a fundraising page after registration and you are encouraged to raise a minimum of $100.)
2. Make a donation! It's easy to support STAR. Click on the "Contribution" box below. (Note: this does NOT sign you up for the Walk)
3. Create a team. Raise funds for STAR and invite your friends and family to join you in walking for STAR. You can do this by clicking "Register for this Event" at the top of the page, and then you will want to select the Team Captain option during registration.
4. Support a team by making a donation and even joining us at the Walk! Find the text box at the top of the page and either type in the participant's or team's name you wish to support, or click on the 'Search' button to view all of the fundraising pages. Once you've done this, select the fundraiser or team and make a donation to their page.
5. Be an individual fundraiser. If you're unable to join us at the Walk, set up a fundraising page and solicit donations and supporters. Please click the "Become a Fundraiser" option at the top of the page, and then select "Fundraise as an Individual" to get started.