Every 4 minutes, someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with epilepsy.
In the time it takes to read this, – someone will hear the words, “You have a seizure disorder…you have epilepsy.”
Epilepsy affects all aspects of a person's life. Learning to cope with and manage epilepsy takes a coordinated effort by family, friends, teachers, and the community. The Epilepsy Foundation Central & South Texas (EFCST) was founded in 1993 to improve the quality of life of the over 130,000 adults and children with epilepsy in 79 Central and South Texas counties. All of EFCST's programs are designed to help people reach their full potential and to enhance their sense of self worth.
We need your support to continue our mission. Your tax-deductible donation or registration will:
- Provide clinic visits for those that have no other source of medical care!
- Provide EEGs!
- Provide MRIs!
- Provide emergency medications to the person that can’t afford medications!
- Educate a classroom of first graders about seizures and helping their classmate!
- Inform Legislators about the need to fund epilepsy education and research!
- Lift up and support the 17 year old that feels he is alone in this world!
- Empower parents to advocate for their child by teaching them to find their voice!
- Prepare Nurses, EMTs, & Police Officers to “do no harm” by accurately recognizing seizures!
- Support young adults with opportunities to alleviate their fears of meeting new people!
- Encourage young leaders to advocate on Capitol Hill on behalf of youth with epilepsy!
- Provide education and information services for over 10,000 people!
These are just a handful of the activities and supportive services your donation will provide. ANY ONE at ANY AGE at ANY TIME can begin having seizures. Seizures rob people a “moment” at a time, but over time these moments add up. In order to continue the advancements in epilepsy treatment we must persist toward our goal of “Not Another Moment Lost to Seizures”. Be part of the solution... donate today.