|Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, health and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integraes running. |
Girls on the Run of Charlotte training for 5k (3.1 miles) run/walk event with a 20 lesson curriculum designed to promote good choices for lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. The lessons are designed specifically to address “girl box” issues and use warm-ups and workouts that encourage emotional, social, mental, spiritual, and physical development and well-being.
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
1) Recognize our power and responsiblities to be intentional in our decision making,
2) Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness,
3) Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions,
4) Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health,
5) Lead with an open heart and assume positive inent, AND
6) Stand up for ourselves and others.