Durham School of the Arts is a magnet school in the Durham Public Schools system that brings students in grades 6 through 12 from all over Durham county to receive a unique experience: an academically outstanding secondary school experience with a complete array of arts options.
The PTSA supports DSA students and teachers. In the past year, the DSA has provided grants to teachers for class field trips, purchased equipment and supplies for classrooms, and supported student involvement in national and regional events.
Here are some ideas of what your donation could do:
- $7 buys one meal at the Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- $15 purchases award medals for 5 students at the Honor Roll Assembly
- $25 pays for 5 meals at the end-of-year Senior Luncheon
- $40 can purchase 4 books for the Bestsellers Book Club
- $50 buys sheet music for two new songs for the A Capella Club
- $100 would pay for breakfast snacks at 5 tutoring sessions
These are just a few ideas. Any amount you donate would be helpful!
The Great Human Race is a fun way to support the PTSA. Donate online, or mail a check made out to "The Volunteer Center - Great Human Race" with "DSA PTSA" in the memo line.
Then join us on Saturday, March 24, to run or walk around DSA's neighborhood!
400 N. Duke Street
Durham, NC 27701
Date: March 24, 2012
Location: Northgate Mall (near Sears Automotive center)
Registration begins: 7:00 am
Race starts: 8:30 am
REGISTER HERE to run or walk
Visit The Great Human Race for more information.