Home Page  | 

Find a fundraiser to support:

or

or simply click 'Search' to view a list of all fundraisers

Fundraiser Search   Cancel

or
or simply click 'Search' to view a list of all fundraisers
2013 Susan G. Komen Detroit Race for the Cure®

Our 2014 Race date will be announced soon. Meanwhile, your donations will make a difference. Komen's commitment to our promise is year-round.

LOOK AROUND. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Globally, last year more than 1.6 million women were diagnosed. That's one every 19 seconds. Every 74 seconds a woman dies of breast cancer. We won't rest until breast cancer is a history lesson, not a current event. HELP US TAKE ACTION. Fundraising is essential to find the cures for this disease that touches so many of us. Join us as a Komen Detroit Race for the Cure fundraiser and become one of our Friends for the Cure®.

What do we do with the money? 75% of the net income from our Race stays in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties to fund breast cancer screening, treatment support and education programs; the remaining 25% supports the Komen Award and Research Grant Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational, scientific and community outreach programs around the world. See Detroit’s current community grants: http://www.karmanoscancer.org/komendetroit

Please continue to make all online donations to the 2013 indivduals and teams. You may also make a general donation using the contribution box below. All donations made since July 1, 2013 will be attributed to the 2014 fundraising pages.

If you prefer to mail in your donations please continue to use the 2013 Friends for the Cure donation form. Checks should be made out to KOMEN DETROIT RACE FOR THE CURE. Be sure to date your form and mail to: Komen Detroit Race for the Cure, 4100 John R- Mail Code VE01RF, Detroit, MI 48201

Total Donations: $767,465

Goal: $1,000,000

$0 77% $1,000,000
Goal

Inspired?!?! Click here for information on starting your own ACTIVE fundraising campaign!