OC Walk to Remember is a nonprofit organization that supports parents who have lost a baby in pregnancy or infancy. One in four women will lose a baby to miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, pregnancy complications or early infant death. It is estimated that 5,500 babies die each day due to pregnancy and infant loss.
The OC Walk to Remember is an information center for nurses, doctors or anyone in the medical community who is in need of finding support for parents who have lost a baby. We also help parents find support groups, online support resources, books, counseling, or any other type of support they need after the loss of their baby or babies.
Donations are used to:
* Purchase books for local hospitals so as mothers recover from delivery or surgery they have a way
to read about other women like them that have survived the heartache of loss.
* Print informational brochures, so families that have experienced the loss of a baby know where to
turn for support once they leave the hospital.
* Purchase memory boxes, so families can have something to hold in their empty arms. The only
keepsake we will have of our baby is the box we receive in the hospital.
* Provide nurses with bereavement training so at any time a nurse will be on-site at the hospital to
help families through their loss.
* Provide cameras, photo printers, printer ink, photo paper and other supplies to local hospitals so
parents will forever have photos of their baby or babies.
* Provide iPods and docking stations so medical staff can provide music therapy to families going
through a loss.
* Provide Orange County support groups that help families grieving the loss of a baby with funds to:
hold reunions, distribute books, and give small gifts to parents who have lost a baby.
* Provide Orange County support groups with funds to pay for their rent, phone bills, and other
* Run the OC Walk to Remember Balancing Life & Loss: Parenting After Loss Group for families
parenting a living child while grieving the loss of a baby.
* Provide families who have lost a baby with small notebooks, which become keepsakes where they
can write about their baby.
* Run the OC Walk to Remember phone, email, and website, so parents seeking support always have
a place to go. Requests for support are answered by a social worker.
* Provide medical professionals with educational training on how to care for families who have lost a
baby to miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, or any pregnancy or infant loss
*Every donation helps. Thank you for your support*