WHY THIS RIDE
The Kiwanis Club of North Shore, Long Island
is proud to sponsor this event for 12 years
and has supported the Kiwanis Pediatric
Trauma Center, based at North Shore University
Hospital in Manhasset, New York.
We have now raised close to $81,000.00
dollars and still growing. The KPTC is the only
such facility in down state New York equipped
for and dedicated to the care of children who
have suffered traumatic injury. In addition to
the services in Manhasset, Kiwanis and the
KPTC reach out to many communities serving
them in other ways, including providing
special pediatric trauma equipment to the
emergency medical teams and local fire
Thanks for participating.
This ride is dedicated to:
Co- Designer Bill Gerlich
“Chappy” and Don Taylor
You will always be in our hearts
Take L.I.E. (495) to exit 39-north Glen Cove
road. Cross over Northern Blvd. Go 3 lights;
Make a left at third light. (Back Road). Go
under Railroad Bridge make a right onto Glen
Cove Ave. Make left onto Scudders Lane at
light. Stay on Scudders all the way, road will
turn sharply to right follow to beach on left
side. Harry Tappen Beach, Sea Cliff.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION
• Event T-Shirt if Registered by
June 18th, 2012
• Healthy Food and Water
• 4 Rest Stops • Wristband
• Well-Marked Roads (“THE BEST”)
REGISTRATION AND TIMES
Registration Starts at 7am
• 100K (62 mile) ride departs at 8am
• 50 mile ride departs at 8:30am
• 25 mile ride departs at 9am
• $40 dollars day of ride
• $35 dollars if registered before June 18,
SOME KEY REMINDERS AND SAFETY
1) Drink plenty of water before the event,
2) Bring an air pump, extra tubes, and/or a
tube repair kit, you will not be picked up for
a flat by sag
3) Bring an extra water bottle,
4) Bring identification,
5) Have some spare change,
6) Don’t forget your energy bars,
7) BRING YOUR CELL PHONE.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• All rides include moderate hills to
• The ride starts and returns to
Tappen Beach in Sea Cliff.
• There is plenty of support.
• 5 rest stops with food and drink
• This is the first official ride to kick off
the bicycle season.
The ride is a rain or shine event, unless torrential rains prevail.
Snell or ANSI Approved Helmet
MANDATORY and must be presented
Rain or Shine
Sorry, NO refunds.
Great Italian Food Provided By