The Gran Fondo Giro d'Italia is a long distance, mass start cycling event. Gran Fondos are annual traditions in Italy and participation is open to recreational and amateur cyclists.
The Gran Fondo Giro d'Italia is a cycling experience that you will never forget!
The Gran Fondo Giro dItalia brings together the top organization level and production value of the Giro dItalia with supreme expertise in organizing mass participation events to produce a true Italian Gran Fondo experience. Participants will experience a terrific courses, an authentic Italian post-ride meal, limited edition Made in Italy bike jersey to all the participants and some of the best Italian brands at the Expo: all this creates the Gran Fondo Giro dItalia!
Your choice of 3 scenic routes through Pasadena and the neighboring San Gabriel Mountains (24, 63 & 85 miles)
All entries include:
- An Italian Made limited edition Santini Gran Fondo Giro d'Italia Full length Zipper Cycling Jersey; jerseys are RACE Cut
- Authentic Italian Post Ride Meal
- Gran Premio della Montagna (king/queen of the mountains)
- Well Stocked Aid Stations
- Professional Technical Support by FSA
- Closed Roads and Controlled Intersections at key locations, including a spectacular start through historic Pasadena
Tandems are welcome, but both riders must register individually
VIP Entries also include:
- Entry to VIP Cocktail Party on Saturday July 21 with the esclusive presence of FRANCESCO MOSER
- Exclusive Access to VIP Start Zone VIP Hospitality on Sunday July 22,
Please note that Junior (u18) discounted entries do NOT include the jersey (despite the fact that the reg system will ask you to make a selection); anyone over 18 who enters this category will have their entry canceled.
All Entries are Final, there will be no refunds.
The Gran Fondo Giro d'Italia Los Angeles-Pasadena is pleased to have the Pablove Foundation as our Official Charity Partner.
Not a cyclist, but ready to VOLUNTEER? Sign up at http://www.doitsports.com/register/index.tcl?return_url=%2fclient%2fvolunteer2%2fuser-screens.tcl%3fevent_id%3d214308
Event schedule and times
Sunday, July 22, 2012 @ 7am.