Starting and ending in Manhattan, scenic routes of 50, 65 or 100 miles take riders over the George Washington Bridge and onto the most scenic roads of the historic West Hudson Highlands of Bergen and Rockland Counties.
* ALL RIDERS get a chance to win: the fabulous ENY Raffle Grand Prize: a VBT Cycling Vacations Tour of Tuscany (airfare included)!! OR REI's popular folding bike, the Novara FlyBy Shuttle!
* Our giveaways to early registrants: a pair of nifty, super comfy, custom Escape New York ’10 wool cycling socks or a musette bag made just for scape New York by Jack Spade!
At the start: we will jumpstart your ride with Coffee and scrumptious pastries from The City Bakery.
To keep you going: well-stocked refueling stops
At the finish: delectable Manganaros heros and a rollicking, post-ride festival!!
Routes: Our three clearly marked Escape New York options:
1) 7:00 am: Century Challenge, 100 miles. A rolling full century through beautiful Bergen and Rockland counties.
2) 8:00 am: Rockland Roll, 65 miles. Ramble on lightly trafficked roads to scenic Rockland Lake State Park.
3) 9:00 am: Piermont Pleasures, 50 miles. A half century to the charming and historic village of Piermont on the Hudson.
Limited SAG support is available on all routes. An emergency phone number is provided on your cue sheet.
Helmets are required. Cue sheets available at the start.
We ride rain or shine.
Start/Finish: All rides start and finish at Sakura Park, located at 122nd Street and Riverside Drive, just east of Grant’s Tomb, near the 125th Street stop on the 1 and 9 subway, Manhattan.
New York Cycle Club reserves the right to limit day-of registrations based on early registrations.
-- $35 until midnight September 11
-- $45 until midnight September 21
-- $55 At Sakura Park (cash only)
Escape New York is proud to benefit two of New York's most effective environmental and educational initiatives: Transportation Alternatives and Recycle-A-Bicycle.
The ENY 2010 Classic Wool Jersey is sold out. Email us if you'd like to get on the reorder list.
Check out Escape New York on Facebook!