If you want hills and plenty of trees, the Pineywoods Purgatory should be your next ride! 25 mile route takes you through gently rolling hills. 52 mile route shows you more of the pineywoods and rural communities. 72 mile route provides a scenic view of three counties. Recommended for the experienced cyclist. 102 mile route is miles and miles of pineywoods and hills with a finish you will never forget. Should be attempted by the experienced cyclist only.
Registration of $35 will include a great T-shirt and lots of other goodies. Registration allowed on ride day! To guarantee a T-shirt, registration must be received before September 27th, 2013.
• Packet pick-up will be at the Civic Center in Lufkin, Texas from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Friday, October 4th and 6 a.m. on the day of the ride.
• Camping and showers are available!
• Carbo-load supper Friday night, October 4th, from 6-9 p.m., at the Civic Center. Helmet requirement: Ansi or Snell approved helmets are strongly recommended for the safety of all riders.
• Age restrictions: Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Sag wagons will be provided on all ride distances with communications and medical personnel aboard.
• Rest stops will be manned by different local businesses. These people will extend the hospitality that East Texas is famous for. Fruit, energy drinks and other favorites will be provided. These stops will be approximately every 11 miles.