11. Have a digestive enzyme that includes HCL (hydrochloric acid), pepsin and papain with meals to aid digestion. A full-spectrum plant digestive enzyme with HCL is also recommended.
12. Stick with grains and root vegetables for carbohydrates. Examples include brown rice, millet, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, barley, whole oats, beets, squash and turnips.
13. Consider daily relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation or deep breathing.
14. Eat 6 to 8 servings of vegetables daily. Focus more on vegetables rather than fruit to heal the adrenals.
15. Consume veggies high in sodium such as kelp, green olives, dulse, Swiss chard, beet greens and celery.
16. Avoid bananas, raisins, dates, figs, oranges and grapefruits. When you do eat fruit, papaya, mango, plums, pears, kiwi, apples and cherries are your best options, but eat them in moderation and consume later in the day.
17. Get essential Omega 3 oils in the form of cold pressed organic flax seed oil.
18. Include raw sesame, pumpkin, sunflower and flax seeds (fresh) in your diet.
19. Consume fresh almonds, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, pecans or chestnuts.
More: What is Overtraining?
20. Remove caffeine, including chocolate, and consider herbal teas such as licorice and dandelion.
21. Supplement with magnesium and eat high magnesium foods such as kelp, cashews, almonds, sesame seeds, peas and beans.
22. Eat your food sitting down in a relaxed atmosphere. Chew your food well so that the process is restorative rather than hurried and rushed, which is exactly what you need to avoid.
Other Helpful Interventions
If you feel that your symptoms fit the profile of adrenal fatigue, look further into causes and remedies for the problem. In order to improve your health, you'll need to change your lifestyle, see your endocrinologist and get professional testing to begin a proper treatment regime.
But rest assured—you can get better if you listen to your body.
If the "old you" is a distant memory, start taking steps to find your energy again. Give the repair process time and keep in mind that adrenal fatigue can take years to set in, so the fix isn't quick.
Disclaimer: Articles on this site are not meant to replace medical advice. Always consult with your physician when you're concerned with your health.Search for a cycling event