In case you are wondering what your membership does for you, here are several important things. It does a lot both on the road and behind the scenes:
• Puts on the membership oyster roast in February
• Provides a framework for organizing group rides
• Purchases insurance for members participating in club rides
• Maintains the website and yahoo group
• Supports production of the bike route books
• Provides seed monies for century rides such as the After the Bridge Run Ride (ABRR) the first weekend of April and various Fall Centuries
• Pays for membership in the League of American Bicyclists (LAB)
• Supports cycling advocacy, including the efforts of the Palmetto Cycling Coalition (PCC) and Charleston Moves
• Gives you a 10% discount at most of the local bike shops
• Supports local bike racers and triathletes
• Provides a social network of others sharing the same passion for cycling that you do!
You can enjoy many of the Coastal Cyclists programs without being a member, but there is strength in numbers. The more members we have, the more activities we can support, and the more strongly we can be advocates for cycling locally and throughout the state.