TOUGHKids Championship Triathlon
Start: Saturday, September 6, 2014
Croton-on-Hudson , NY 10520
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Age Group 4-6
Age Group 7-8
Age Group 9-10
Age Group 11-12
Age Group 13-14
Champion Age 4-6
Champion Age 7-8
Champion Age 9-10
Champion Age 11-12
Champion Age 13-14
The 6th annual TOUGHKids Triathlon will take place in Croton Point Park September 6, 2014 as part of the Toughman Triathlon weekend festival. RACE STARTS AT 10AM.
Individual $45 (until 7/31)
Individual $50 (after 8/1)
No Relays available for the Championship Race.
THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
You must be at least 4 years old and under 15 years old to participate in this race. Children's ages will be determined based on their age on December 31, 2014 so they may be in an older age group than the age they actually are on race day. This follows USA Triathlon Competitive Rule 3.2a.
Parents will be signing a waiver at packet pick-up that attests to the following:
- Your child must be able to swim the required distance in the race
- Your child has had open water swimming experience
- You will accompany your child during the swim portion in the 4-6 year old category (mandatory)
To qualify for a slot in the Champions Wave, you would need to either:
1) Finish in the top 3 boys/top 3 girls for your specific age at any ONE of the 2014 series' races
2) Be the 1st place girl/boy for your specific age at last year's TOUGHKids race
3) Become an All-Star by racing in 3 of the summer series races (not including Croton)
This wave is invitation only and will start 3 minutes ahead of the main pack, to give them the racing advantage of a much smaller wave, smooth waters, empty transition area and a clear bike & run course. The final racing times are weighted so that there is no timing advantage to starting earlier. In essence, an athlete from the main wave can still win a podium place if they have a top 3 finishing time in the age group.
You have two options during registration to obtain the mandatory USAT insurance coverage.
1. Purchase or renew your child's annual membership for $15 (if your child's membership expires before race day you will need to renew it during the race registration).
2. Purchase a 1-day membership for $10
Entry Fee Includes
• athlete entry
• race T-shirt
• post-race refreshments
• swim cap
• finishers medal
• goody bag
• timing chip with splits
Wednesday before race day: Jack Rabbit, Union Square, NYC.
Friday before race day: Croton Point Park
Race day: 7:15am-9:15am Croton Point Park
- Awards will be presented to the Top 3 Overall Boys AND top 3 Girls in each age group: 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14
- All-Star TOUGHKids (racing in 3 of the 2014 series races)
There are no refunds. If your child is unable to participate for whatever reason please contact us before September 2 to make arrangements.Event schedule and times
Start tIme: 10:00AM
Transition opens at 7:15 AM on Saturday morning.
There will be five TOUGHKids races at the Championship event determined by
age group: 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14. The 4-6 year old race will
start the day’s events at 10AM and the other four age-group races will
follow immediately after in consecutive order. You can expect the 7-8 year
old race to begin around 10:15AM, the 9-10 year old race around 10:50AM,
the 11-12 year old race around 11:15AM, and the 13-14 will start around
The awards ceremony for all five races will follow the completion of the
final event at approximately 12:45PM.