TOUGHKids Championship Triathlon
Start: Saturday, September 7, 2013
Croton-on-Hudson , NY 10520
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, September 5, 2013
The fifth annual TOUGHKids Triathlon will take place in Croton Point Park September 7, 2013 as part of the Toughman Triathlon weekend festival. RACE STARTS AT 10AM.
Individual $45 (until 7/1)
Individual $50 (until 8/7)
Individual $55 (until 9/1)
No Relays available for the Championship Race.
THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
You must be at least 4 years old and under 15 years old to participate in this race. Children's ages will be determined based on their age on December 31, 2013 so they may be in an older age group than the age they actually are on race day. This follows USA Triathlon Competitive Rule 3.2a.
To qualify for a slot in the Champions Wave, you would need to either:
1) Finish in the top 3 boys/top 3 girls for your specific age at any ONE of the 2013 series' races
2) Be the 1st place girl/boy for your specific age at last year's TOUGHKids race
3) Become an All-Star by racing in 3 of the 7 series races
This wave is invitation only and will start 3 minutes ahead of the main pack, to give them the racing advantage of a much smaller wave, smooth waters, empty transition area and a clear bike & run course. The final racing times are weighted so that there is no timing advantage to starting earlier. In essence, an athlete from the main wave can still win a podium place if they have a top 3 finishing time in the age group.
You have two options during registration to obtain the mandatory USAT insurance coverage.
1. Purchase or renew your child's annual membership for $15 (if your child's membership expires before race day you will need to renew it during the race registration).
2. Purchase a 1-day membership for $10
Entry Fee Includes
• athlete entry
• race T-shirt
• post-race refreshments
• swim cap
• finishers medal
• goody bag
• timing chip rental with splits
Wednesday before race day: Jack Rabbit, Union Square, NYC.
Race morning: 7:15am-9:15am
- Awards will be presented to the Top 3 Overall Boys AND top 3 Girls in each age group: 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14
- All-Star TOUGHKids (racing in 3 of the 7 2013 series races)
There are no refunds. If your child is unable to participate for whatever reason please contact us before September 2 to make arrangements.