- Race Results
We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, March 26, 2014.
What happens in Preschool Aquatics Level 2? In Preschool Aquatics Level 2, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for young children. Preschool Aquatics puts the "fun" in fundamentals. Each class is loaded with enjoyable, engaging and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim. Some of the milestones in Level 2 include:
- Gliding on front at least 2 body lengths.
- Rolling to back, floating on back for 5 seconds then recovering to a vertical position.
- Gliding on back for at least 2 body lengths.
- Rolling to front, floating for 5 seconds then recovering to a vertical position.
- Swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for 3 body lengths.
- Rolling to back, floating for 5 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim on front for 3 body lengths.
It is quite common for children to participate in several sessions of Preschool Aquatics Level 2 before they are able to successfully demonstrate all the skills. That's okay! It is not important how quickly they move through a level, but that they acquire each skill.
Prerequisites: Either a placement test at Preschool Aquatics Level 2 or successful completion of a Preschool Aquatics Level 1 course.
Preschool Aquatics Level 2 M/W #2122.24.0000
Map & Direction
Monday, March 10, 2014 @ 4:00 PM (PDT)
Covington Aquatic Center 18230 SE 240th Street Covington, WA 98042Get Directions