We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, March 26, 2014.
What happens in Preschool Aquatics Level 1? For each level of Preschool Aquatics, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for young children. Preschool Aquatics puts the "fun" in fundamentals. Each class is loaded with enjoyable, engaging and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim.
In Preschool Aquatics Level 1, your child is introduced to basic skills. These skills lay the foundation for future skill development of swimming strokes. Certain milestones are necessary for successful completion of Preschool Aquatics Level 1, including:
- Entering the water independently using the ladder, steps, or side and travel at least 5 yards.
- Submerging mouth and blowing bubbles for at least 3 seconds.
- Exiting the water safely.
- Gliding on front for at least 2 body lengths.
- Rolling to back and floating for 3 seconds.
- Recovering to a vertical position.
It is quite common for children to participate in several sessions of Preschool Aquatics Level 1 before they are able to successfully demonstrate all the skills. That's okay! It is not important how quickly they move through a level, but that they acquire each skill.
Preschool Aquatics Level 1 M/W #2121.24.0000
City of Covington Parks and Recreation