The professionally-timed 5K and 10K for Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House take place on fast, well-marked courses that wend their way through Historic Concord at the start of Fall Foliage season.
With ample water stations and healthy snacks provided prior to step-off, you'll really enjoy participating! Top three finishers in each age category along with the overall male and female champions receive awards.
Our event also features favorite Boston-area musical talent, "The Rusted Bucket Band," offering lively entertainment, Living History portrayers with 19th Century toys and games, and the Alcott School playground. Members of The Concord Minute Men will be on hand to fire the thrilling starting volley.
A post-race light picnic lunch is available to all participants. Uta and the Hoyts will gladly pose for pictures and chat, so bring family, friends, and colleagues to share in the fun and excitement!
Team registration available; youngsters in strollers, wheelchair participants, and leashed dogs are always welcome. All Walk/Run participants entitled to discounted admission to a bonus program Uta and Team Hoyt will offer on Monday, September 12th at 7 pm in The Thoreau Club: "Freedom Through Movement - Living Your Life with Passion." For details, visit http://www.louisamayalcott.org/SpecialEvents2016-17.htm#freedom16
Event details and schedule• Held rain or shine
• Free parking available on the grounds of Alcott Elementary School; carpooling or use of the MBTA Purple Line (Fitchburg) commuter rail is strongly encouraged
• Pre-registration check-in begins at 9:30 am; please be sure to pick up your Bib # prior to 10:45
• Restrooms located inside Alcott School
• Assemble at 10:45 am at your start-line; step-off for 5K & 10K runners is at 11 am
• For safety, any participants with wheelchairs, strollers, bicycles, and/or leashed dogs must gather at the back of their event category
• Please make sure you have completed registration for yourself as well as any children under age 18 you are responsible for; signed waivers must be on file for all participants
Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, Inc.