The Fort Jackson Golf Club is considered by many as the finest golf operation the military has to offer. The facilities feature two well-maintained championship courses, state-of-the-art practice facilities, an attractive 10,000 square foot clubhouse, a well stocked pro shop, snack bar and lounge. Over 72,000 rounds of golf are played each year over the two courses. FJGC opened in 1949, with the original 18 hole course designed by George Cobb. In 1991, Arthur L. Davis added 20 new holes to 16 of the original holes to make up the current 36-hole complex.
The Wildcat Course plays 5,426 yards from the red tee markers and backs up to 6,721 yards from the Championship tees. The course offers generous fairways, strategically placed bunkering as it winds its way through the rolling hills and South Carolina pines. The 17th tee offers the player a beautiful view of the Columbia, SC skyline.
The Old Hickory Course, though not demanding by its length, is routed over lakes and wetland areas and rewards accurate tee shots. The red tees play 5,164 yards, while the championship tees measure 6,624 yards. The Old Hickory Course hosted the 1998 All Army Golf Trials Camp. Being located just a few minutes off Interstate 77, access is easy to the traveler. The installation and the City of Columbia offer many lodging options and a vast array of restaurants from which to chose. The staff of Fort Jackson Golf Club invites you to stop by and play and see why we are considered "The Army’s Best Golf."