Kent County Spring Fling 2013
Start: Friday, May 24, 2013 @ 12:00 PM (EDT)
Chestertown , MD 21620
Registration Closing Date
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 @ 8:59 PM (EDT)
Join the Baltimore Bicycling Club and enjoy four days cycling the lightly traveled roads of Maryland's Chesapeake Bay Eastern Shore. Rides of 11 to 100 miles meander along flat to rolling roads - through rural towns and along scenic rivers.
Only 70 miles from Baltimore/DC, 50 miles from Philadelphia, and 140 miles from New York-we stay on the campus of Washington College, located in the historic port town of Chestertown, MD. (Info on Washington College and Chestertown at www.washcoll.edu).
Award winning cuisine, dessert and cordial parties, dancing, and great music will round out your perfect bicycling experience.
Check-in: Friday Noon until 10 PM and Saturday 8 AM until 10 AM Check-out: Monday by 4 PM
- Lodging: Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Breakfast: Saturday, Sunday & Monday
- Dinner: Saturday & Sunday
- Picnic on Sunday
- Brunch on Monday
- Entertainment and Socials: Fri., Sat. & Sun.
- Map Packets (ride with a group or on your own)
- Friday Dinner 6:00-8:00 pm
- Lodging upgrades provide suites and low beds (see Lodging Options)
Chester dorm suites now available
- 31st Anniversary KCSF T-shirts are adult sizes, so order accordingly. We only order a few extras, and they sell out early. If you want a T-shirt, please order now.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL KCSF RIDES
Four Days of Fun-Filled Activities
Friday: Registration begins at noon. Scheduled rides with leaders will start at 1:30 pm (or do your own ride). Optional buffet dinner (6 - 8 pm) followed by the Ice Cream Social.
Saturday: Breakfast; yoga; scheduled rides with leaders; Instructional Ride program; swimming on campus; Chestertown s historic Tea Party Festival food, crafts, entertainment, and parade; dinner; dessert and cordial party; Blue Grass music & Square Dancing with live band.
Sunday: Breakfast; yoga; scheduled rides with leaders; picnic lunch catered by Washington College (including kosher meats, cold salads, vegan foods); dinner; evening music and more dancing.
Monday: Expanded continental breakfast plus brunch until 1:00 pm or carry-out for those who need to leave early; scheduled rides with leaders. Attendees have until 4pm to check out.
LODGING OPTIONS (you must bring your pillow and all linens)
Dorm and floor special requests met on a 'first come-first served' basisWashington College assures us that all beds are lowered This year Washington College offers the following lodging choices:
- Standard lodging dorms; have rooms with two single beds. Men's and women's restrooms are accessed from the hall.
- Western Shore suites (several buildings are off-line this year for renovation) have four single bedrooms, two baths, and a living room-kitchenette. Sassafras/Chester suites have 2 single bedrooms, 1 double bedroom, 1 bath, and a building common lounge area (with TV) and attached kitchen. Sassafras/Chester has an elevator.
- Harford Hall suites consist of five bedrooms, two bathrooms and a lounge area with sofa, refrigerator, microwave, and sink. Two bedrooms have two single beds and the remaining three each have one single bed. Harford Hall has an elevator (large enough for a tandem bike).
Western Shore, Sassafras/Chester, and Harford Hall suites are perfect for families and groups! If you want to room with another person, or group of people, let us know-early. The best way to register groups is online (see FAQs at the BBC website) - or mail all your registrations together to assure we assign the correct people to each room or suite.All suites are an optional upgrade - Assignment preference is given to full suites
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refund requests must be via email or letter. The following fees apply: $30 prior to May 1st; $50 May 1st through May 15; no refunds after May 15; $40 charge for checks returned by the bank for any reason. Refund checks will be mailed by the BBC Treasurer after the event.
BICYCLE HELMETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL BBC RIDES & EVENTS
BBC Member: standard lodging $320 or no lodging $272
Non-BBC Member: standard lodging $335 or no lodging $289
Youth 11-16 $220
Child 4-10 sleeping: on the floor $100/ on a bed $125
Child 3 & under sleeping: on the floor no charge/ on a bed $30
Late Registration Fee (AFTER APRIL 15th) $30
Single Room Supplement if you choose to room alone (standard dorms only) $30
Harford Hall Suite Supplement per person (see Lodging Options) $60
Sassafras/Chester Suite Supplement per person (see Lodging Options) $25
Western Shore Suite Supplement per person (see Lodging Options) $60
Friday Night Buffet Dinner: adults $21 / age 11-16 $17 / age 4-10 $10
31st Anniversary KCSF T-Shirt $20
(Note: all T-shirts are short sleeve adult size)