Glen Iris 5k
Start: Saturday, September 7, 2013 @ 10:00 AM (EDT)
Castile , NY 14427
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, September 5, 2013 @ 9:00 PM (EDT)
Start is located at the Trout Pond of Letchworth Park. The scenic flat route proceeds along the park road adjacent to the Genesee River Gorge, before turning into a wooded back road leading to the finish line at Trailside Lodge.
Mark Andrews - (2002) 14:28
Melissa White - (2008) 16:39
Course map can be found at:
Timing: by PCR Timing www.pcrtiming.com Goodies & Awards: T-shirts, by Eagle Point Sportswear, will be presented to the first 300 pre-registered participants in the 5K race. Preregistered entrants only are eligible for draw prizes.
Post Race Party
A box lunch prepared by Chefs at the Glen Iris Inn will include a Chicken or Garden vegetable wrap, fruit, brownie and a beverage. This meal is included in the registration fee for all racers. Spectators may purchase a box lunch for $10.
$300 to 1st Female & Male Overall
+$50 bonus if course record is broken
• $200 to 2nd Female & Male Overall
• $100 to 3rd Female & Male Overall
• Top 2 Female and Male in each age group will receive:
• Ages 14 and under & 15-19, gift certificates for $25 • Ages 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+: will receive pottery
• Top ten walkers: Select Pottery
• Middle of the Pack Awards: the Female and Male who complete the race in the middle of the pack will receive one pair of sunglasses donated by Warsaw Opticians.
• Book Worm Wigglers: a book donated by Project Read and a toy donated by Fisher Price. No duplication of prizes. All unclaimed cash and age group awards will become the property of the Cordelia A. Greene Library.
NOTE: *Preregistration by 9/5/12 guarantees FREE entry into park. Letchworth Park Entry Fee before 8 a.m. is free. After 8 a.m. a $6 NYS entry fee will be charged.
From Rochester: 390 S Geneseo exit, take Rt. 20A W to 39 W. In Castile take a left on Park Rd. East, follow Park Rd. out of village, take left at stop sign at Denton Corner, enter Entrance of Park. Take a right to Trailside Lodge.
From Buffalo: 400 S to 20A E to Warsaw, take right to 19 S to Rt. 19A S, past the Village of Castile. Take left at Denton Corner Rd., enter Castile Entrance of Park, follow to Trailside Lodge.
From Corning: West on Rt. 17, Hornell exit N or Rt. 36 W on Rt. 70 to end. W on Rt. 436 to Portageville entrance to Park. Follow to Trailside Lodge.
Come stay at the beautiful Glen Iris Inn or “rough it,” at one of the many camping areas, located at the park. For information please call 585-493-2622, Fax 585-493-5803.
Fees$20 - $25 day of $2 discount to GRTC Members & Studnets
Wigglers - $8