Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Marathon and Half Marathon
Start: Sunday, January 19, 2014
Carlsbad , CA 92008
Registration Closing Date
Friday, January 17, 2014
FULL Marathon (26.2 miles)
Individual (Charity and VIP)
HALF Marathon (13.1 miles)
Individual (Charity & VIP)
Online Registration Closes
Online registration will close when the events sell out. Last year's events sold out in late October.
6:15 a.m. Marathon start. All participants must be able to complete the marathon in 6 hours (13:44 minute per mile pace) or faster. This is a Boston qualifying event.
Gift for Full Marathoners:
Register for the full marathon and receive a great pair of flip flop sandals from Cobian.
7:45 a.m. Half Marathon start. All Half Marathon participants must be able to complete the course in 4.25 hours (19:27 minute per mile pace) or faster.
Half Marathon Wave Start
We offer a wave start. During the registration process you will be ask to provide your estimated finishing time. This will help us determine which wave to assign you to.
In Motion Fit is a training program for runners and walkers that starts July 20. Groups meet in San Diego at Mission Bay and in Carlsbad. If your goal is to complete a marathon or half marathon this program will get you there. Members receive weekly training schedules, Saturday morning group workouts, access to trained coaches, informational seminars, discounts to area running stores, an In Motion Fit training T-shirt and more! Register today at www.inmotionfit.com
This spectacular coastal marathon and half marathon offers participants breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Both courses start at the intersection of Marron and Monroe (adjacent to the southwest side of Westfield Plaza Camino Real). From there, they head west toward the coast and then south on the historic Highway 101/Carlsbad Boulevard. After the 5 mile mark, marathoners will turn east onto Palomar Airport Road for two, out-and-back portions of the course before returning to the coast where they'll head south again on Highway 101/Carlsbad Boulevard, make a U-turn at La Costa Avenue and return to the finish line. Half marathoners will experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean for the majority of their 13.1-mile journey, traveling out and back along the historic Highway 101/Carlsbad Blvd. Registration includes:
- Long-sleeve, technical finisher shirts
- Sanctioned and certified course (perfect qualifier for Boston Marathon)
- ChronoTrack timing
- Well staffed support stations at every mile
- Entertainment locations at every mile along the course route
- Post-event refreshments
- Gorgeous medallion presented to all full and half marathon finishers
- Exciting Health & Lifestyle Expo with over 80 exhibitors
- Fun weekend filled with events for everyone, including the Kids Marathon Mile at LEGOLAND California
The Carlsbad Marathon works with 21 official charities to help raise funds and awareness for their organizations.Event schedule and times
- $95 - Until June 15th @ 11:59pm
- $115 - Until August 19th @11:59pm
- $125 - Until October 23rd @ 11:59pm
- $135 - Until Sell Out
- $75 - Until June 15th @ 11:59pm
- $85 - Until August 19th @11:59pm
- $95 - Until October 23rd @ 11:59pm
- $105 - Until Sell Out