The Carlsbad 5000 features a fast and fun seaside course where 16 world records have been set. Both rookie runners and serious speedsters alike enjoy running or walking in one of seven people's races. Celebrate after your race with two free beers at the Pizza Port Beer Garden! At high noon, witness the elite athletes vie for a lucrative prize purse and a new world record.
- 16 World Records
- Beer garden & refreshments
- Fast & fun course
- Weekend Health & Fitness Expo
- Awards and merchandise 3 deep in all age divisions
- Medals to top 250 finishers in each individual run
- New balance technical t-shirts and swag bags for all participants
Schedule of Races:
- 7:00 am Masters Men 40 and Over
- 8:05 am Masters Women 40 and Over
- 8:45 am Men 30-39
- 9:23 am Women 30-39
- 9:24 am People's 5K Walk
- 10:45 am Wheelchair Invitational
- 11:38 am Men & Women 29 and Under
- 12:47 pm Elite Men's Invitational
- 12:49 pm Elite Women's Invitational
Directions to Events:
- To the Expo: Take I-5 to Carlsbad Village Drive, exit west. The Expo is on Roosevelt Street, between Grand Avenue and Carlsbad Village Drive.
- To Race Day Registration: Race day registration is near on Harding Street, between Grand Avenue and Carlsbad Village Drive.
- To the Start Line: The race starting line is located near the intersection of Jefferson Street and Grand Avenue (two blocks west of I-5 and one block north of Carlsbad Village Drive). Please enter the start line from Harding Street.
- Individual/Team Entry
$40.00 Individual Entry (1/1/14 - 3/23/14)
$50.00 Race Weekend Entry (3/29/14 - 3/30/14)
- All Day 25K
$85.00 Regular Entry (1/1/14 - 3/23/14)
$95.00 Expo Registration (3/29/14 - 3/30/14)
Parking Information: Street parking is available throughout the Village of Carlsbad.
For more information, please visit: www.carlsbad.competitor.com
Event details, times, dates, and locations are subject to change. Please confirm the event's details when buying tickets. Thanks, and have fun!