| || |
- Parking is limited at Carderock Recreation Area.
- If you can get someone to drop you off, the best place is at the south end of the bridge over Clara Barton Parkway (MAP), where cars can either go straight into to Carderock or turn left to go east toward Washington DC.
- Thus we can avoid a traffic jam on the park road at Carderock.
- From there, it's a short walk through the tunnel and either straight ahead to the packet pick-up area (MAP) or to the left up the gravel road to the start line (MAP).
- Civil Twilight at 6:28 AM | Sunrise at 6:57 AM
- Race-day packet pick-up and bag check are at the picnic pavilion next to the farthest east (left-hand) parking lot ("#4") at Carderock.
- Permanent and portable toilets are in the parking lot straight ahead ("#3") and also the westmost parking lot ("#1").
- Post-race massage, refreshments, pancakes and pizza picnic, and awards presentation are immediately after the finish line on the gravel ramp (NOT at the picnic pavilion)
| || |
- Help us assemble bib numbers and goodie bags, and get your bib number, t-shirt, and goodie bag early on Thursday, November 17, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Walter Reed Community Center, 2909 16th Street South, Arlington VA 22204 (703-228-0946)
- Pick up your bib number, t-shirt, and goodie bag pre-race:
- Goodie bag assembly and early packet pickup:
- Thursday, November 17, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Walter Reed Community Center, 2909 16th Street South, Arlington VA - Please help with goodie bag assembly for at least one hour before you pick up your packet
- Pre-race packet pickup:
- Friday, November 18, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Pacers Running Store, 3100 Clarendon Boulevard, Arlington VA, across street from Clarendon Metro, free parking at Trader Joe's if you buy something -- includes late registration
- Race-day packet pickup: For the half marathon on Saturday, November 19, starting at 10:00 AM, if you can't join us on Thursday, November 17, or Friday, November 18, you may pick up your bib number, goodie bag, t-shirt,and BPA-free water carrier, on race day, Saturday, November 19, before the race from 8:45 AM to 9:45 AM
- You may pick up someone else's bib number and packet if you bring along a signed note or a printed e-mail message from your friend
- Race-day packet pick-up is on-site at Carderock Recreation Area, eastern (left-hand) parking area picnic shelter