- Race Results
Treatment approaches for anxiety-based problems tend to emphasize the use of unique treatment protocols for each major anxiety disorder. Yet most people with anxiety problems have more than one disorder, and the treatment strategies that are best supported tend to be similar across disorders. This workshop focuses on strategies for treating anxiety-related problems, regardless of the specific diagnosis. Strategies will be illustrated with video vignettes, and participants will receive a comprehensive handout.
At the end of this conference, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the latest research on transdiagnostic treatments for anxiety disorders and related problems
2. Explain assessment and case formulation from a transdiagnostic perspective
3. Apply at least two behavioural strategies
4. Apply at least two cognitive strategies
5. Apply at least one acceptance and mindfulness-based approach
6. Utilize these techniques to enhance motivation and compliance
Martin M. Antony, Ph.D., C.Psych., ABPP, is Professor and Chair in the Department of Psychology at Ryerson University in Toronto. He has published 28 books and over 175 articles and chapters in the areas of anxiety disorders, perfectionism, and cognitive behavior therapy. He has given over 200 workshops across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Map & Direction
Friday, March 22, 2013 @ 8:30 AM (EDT)
The Brattleboro Retreat One Anna Marsh Lane P.O. Box 803 Brattleboro, VT 05302Get Directions