- Race Results
Nutrition is an important part of recovery from alcohol and drug abuse, as substances drain essential nutrients and make it difficult for the brain to resume healthier functioning. The treatment of mental illness also requires the same attention because poor nutrition is bound up in the roots of many troubling conditions. This workshop will cover normal physiology, conditions that are precursors to trouble, and the role of nutrition in fostering recovery.
Following this conference, participants will be able to:
• Name and discuss at least one concern about the impact of addictions on neurobiology
• Name and discuss at least one concern about neurobiological changes from mental illness
• Discuss at least one important role of nutrition in recovery from addictions.
• Discuss at least one important role of nutrition in recovery from mental illness or co-occurring disorders.
• Discuss at least one condition that is a precursor to addictions or mental illness.
Patricia Mulready, MD, has 38 years of experience in teaching and treating addictions, health and mental health conditions. She has been adjunct faculty at four graduate institutions, provides training, health consultation and has created a website, www.timetolivebetter.com to promote holistic education on these topics for professionals and consumers.
Map & Direction
Friday, May 3, 2013 @ 8:30 AM (EDT)
The Brattleboro Retreat One Anna Marsh Lane P.O. Box 803 Brattleboro, VT 05302Get Directions