Start: Friday, March 15, 2013 @ 8:30 AM (EDT)
Brattleboro , VT 05302
Attachment theory provides a broad framework for treatment that is grounded in normal development and that is relationship-focused. This seminar will describe the basic principles, components, and phases of treatment using an attachment-model of treatment. Within this model clinicians are able to use their existing clinical expertise and skills in an expanded and more resourceful manner. Participants will have the opportunity to view videotapes and live demonstrations illustrating attachment-focused treatment.
At the end of this conference, participants will be able to:
1) describe the core principles of Attachment-Focused Treatment.
2) define the components of Attachment-Focused Treatment.
3) describe and discuss the phases of treatment.
4) apply a basic understanding of the model of treatment to their current clinical practice.
5) demonstrate in practice an understanding of the basic treatment model.
1) Principles of Attachment-Focused Treatment 8:30-- 9:30
a) Relationship Focused
b) Attachment security and the clinical setting
c) Use of Self
2) Phases of Treatment 9:30 -- 10:00
3) BREAK 10:00 -- 10:15
4) Components of Treatment 10:15 -- 11:30
a) Differential use of components in different phases
b) DVD's of session clips
5) BREAK 11:30 -- 11:45
6) Demonstration of Principles & Methods 11:45 -- 12:45
7) LUNCH 12:45 -- 1:45
(included with your registration and
served in the Retreat's cafeteria)
8) Demonstration of Principles,
Methods, and Techniques 1:45 -- 3:45
a) Demonstrations using participant examples
b) DVD's of sessions
9) Questions & Answers 3:45 -- 4:00