- Race Results
On this five-day course, individuals will learn the skills to better understand winter anchors, crevasse rescue, and proper camp craft. Along with an overnight in the backcountry and climbing a bigger mountaineering route, this course sets you up perfectly for climbing bigger glaciated peaks.
Days 1-3: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Day 4-5: Starting time varies
Meeting Location: Estes Park office
- Day 1: Winter Anchors - Learn different types of winter anchors (snow, rock, ice).
- Day 2: Crevasse Rescue - This is a mandatory skill to have if you spend any time in glaciated terrain. Learn how to pull someone out of a crevasse and how to get yourself out of crevasse.
- Day 3: Regular climbing day & multi-pitch systems - We've spent two days out in the field working on skills, now it is time to get some climbing under our belt. We'll climb a route conducive to the conditions and work on multi-pitch systems/transitions.
- Day 4: Hike in, camp craft, route plan, and overnight in the backcountry - Time to head into the backcountry. Learn the skills to spend a night in the backcountry. Also plan for the tomorrow's big day.
- Day 5: Climb a classic RMNP route. After climbing to the summit, the group will head back to basecamp, and hike out to the trailhead for a final debrief.
Map & Direction
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Colorado Mountain School 2829 Mapleton Avenue Boulder, CO, United States of America 80301Get Directions