The membership year starts on January 1, 2014 and ends on December 31, 2014.
But you can renew your LSRC Membership starting October 1, 2013.
If you signed up on October 1, 2013 or later, there is a grace period so that you will be considered paid for the current year 2013 and 2014.
LSRC Individual Renewal Membership (Must be a 2013 member to renew) $25.00.
LSRC New Individual Membership $45.00.
LSRC Family Renewal Membership: Family means "Spouse or Domestic Partner and/or minor children of primary member who reside at the same address" (NOTE: Must be a 2013 member to renew). $35.00.
LSRC New Family Membership* Family membership means a Spouse or Domestic Partner and/or minor children (18 yrs. of age or younger) of primary member residing at the same address. $55.00
New Members: Individual $45 and Family $55
Member Renewal: Individual $25 Family $35
* The membership year starts January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2014.
* You can still join at any time during the year.
* If you sign up on October 1, 2013 or later, there is a grace period so that you will be considered paid for the year 2014.
* The family membership plan includes a Spouse or Domestic Partner and/or minor children (18 yrs. of age or younger) of primary member residing at the same address.
* Note: If you become a member of the L Street Running Club this precludes you from running in the Jim Kane Sugar Bowl Road Race in July. You will also be asked to volunteer to work this race.
* The L Street Running Club and the Curley Community Center are separate entities and require separate memberships.
About the Club:
The purpose of the L Street Running Club (LSRC) is to encourage running at all levels. LSRC, one of the largest running clubs in New England, is well suited for the recreational runner as well as the serious competitor. Our club serves runners of all ages and abilities from the Greater Boston area. The LSRC has "group fun runs" three days a week. The LSRC hosts the Jim Kane Sugar Bowl Road Race each July, which attracts more than 1000 participants. Becoming a member of the L Street Running Club precludes you from running in the Jim Kane Sugar Bowl Road Race, as members are asked to volunteer to work this race. All proceeds from the race are donated to charity. All runners are welcome -- Come and join us for a run, then join the club.
DIRECTIONS TO THE CLUB
The L Street Running Club meets at the Curley Community Center in South Boston on Day Boulevard, at the intersection of L Street. We are approximately 2 miles from the center of downtown Boston. The Curley Community Center is readily accessible by public transportation from all parts of Boston. One way to get there is to take the number 11 bus out of Broadway Station and get off at the corner of L & Eighth Street.
New runners are always welcome to come and join us for a run on Tuesday nights at 6:00 or 6:30 p.m. and/or Thursday nights at 6:00 or 6:30 p.m., and/or Sunday mornings at 8:00 a.m. We ask runners who continue to enjoy these runs to join the LSRC. These runs, as well as the 2013-2014 training scheduled runs, are for LSRC members only. Members training with the club on Sundays are required to volunteer for a water stop, so please contact the Water Stop Coordinator by accessing the water stop link on the club's home page of lsteet.org. Thanks.