8th Annual YMCA Spirit, Mind, Body Sprint Triathlon sponsored by C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
This event has whatever you want - a sprint triathlon, or an Olympic triathlon, or a duathlon!
The sprint tri consists of a 0.5 mile swim, a 15 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.
The Olympic tri consists of a 1.0 mile swim, a 25 mile bike, and a 6.2 mile run.
The duathlon consists of a 2K run, a 15 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.
*** Early bird registration ends on August 3. Registrations after than increase by $10.
All three activities are held at the same time and finish at the same place, and are held at beautiful and shady Scales Lake Park in Warrick County Indiana. The lake is some of the best water you can find to swim in, the bike course is on sparsely used county roads, and the run is in and around the shady park.
This is a USAT sanctioned event, therefore you must be a USAT member on race day in order to compete. If you are an annual member, you will be required to provide your membership number in order to register. If you are not, you will be required to buy a one day membership for $12 or an annual membership at registration time. This money goes directly to the sanctioning body, not to the YMCA.
Event schedule and times
Saturday, August 17th, 2013 - Scales Lake Park
- Transition opens at 5:00 am.
- Same day, on-site packet pickup is from 5:00 to 6:00 am for those that missed the night before.
- The mandatory meeting is at 6:30 am.
- Swim practice is available at 6:50 am.
- The race start at 7:00 am.
- Awards ceremony begins as soon as all duathletes and sprint triathletes are finished.
Friday, August 16th, 2013 - Dunigan Family YMCA
- Packet Pickup from 5:00 to 8:00 pm