Run along the path that surrounds the naturally beautiful waterfront in Mallard Lake Forest Preserve and show off your finisher’s medal to your friends!
- Flat and fast course, mix of paved asphalt and crushed limestone – no grass. Start/finish line is on asphalt. USA Track and Field Certification #IL-13156-JW
- Custom Finisher’s Medal
- Short Sleeve Technical Running Shirt (youth, ladies and unisex sizing)
- Custom Designed Award Medals to top three finishers in each age category (men and women; under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+). Yes! We have expanded the age categories for the 65 year old and better crowd.
- Cash Prizes for 1st ($100), 2nd ($75) and 3rd ($50) Place Overall for Male and Female
- 400 meter Kids Dash for ages 2-12 years, asphalt course, keepsake medal award (just like the runners!) and short sleeved cotton t-shirt
- Plenty of restrooms, water and post-race refreshments
- Disposable electronic chip timing with instant time results kiosks and instant time results texted to your cellphone. Race Timing for the April Fools 5K is Provided by Race Works Timing (RaceWorksTiming.com). This is a new company for our race, but they come with great reviews from multiple race directors. We are trying to make sure you all get accurate and timely results!
Event details and schedule
8:45am 400m Kids Dash Start
9:00am 5k Race Start
Packet pick-up will be on Thursday, March 30th, from 3-7pm; Friday, March 31st, from 3-7pm; or on race day 7:30am-8:30am. Location for early pick up is Trinity Lutheran Church in Roselle.
The race start/finish line is located on Thorn Rd, behind Meijer, which is located at the corner of Schick Rd and Gary Ave in Bloomingdale. The race will proceed north to Lawrence Rd and then west into the Mallard Lake Forest Preserve in Hanover Park. Free parking is available in lot “J” of Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale. Lot “J” is located between Macy’s and the old JCPenney in the NW corner of the mall. You can easily walk to the start/finish line with crosswalks and the traffic light at Schick Rd and Gary Ave. No shuttles will be provided. To view the Google Maps location for directions, click here.
Ducat Chiropractic & Sports Medicine