Don't miss this FUN and EDUCATIONAL event for the whole family! This event will be held at a NEW LOCATION, Regions Field!
An active child is a healthier, more confident child! Join the Junior League of Birmingham and the Birmingham Barons on Saturday, April 5th as we take Small Steps to End Childhood Obesity in the 5K for Kids and 1 Mile Fun Run at Regions Park. The race is the culmination of a unique educational program provided to select elementary schools in the Birmingham City School System designed to educate and motivate our youth to achieve a healthy lifestyle. Students from these schools are also invited to participate, free of charge, on race day!
Here are a few reasons to participate:
- Family friendly event for runners/ walkers of all experience levels and ages! A great place to run your first 5K or set a PR!
- Beautiful new location and 5K route that highlights the new home of the Birmingham Barons, Regions Park! The route features some of Birmingham’s favorite places, such as Pepper Place, and finishes with a run through the stadium!
- Chip Timed, well marked course
- 5K Runners will receive a technical t-shirt
- Awards – Overall Male and Female, Overall Team, and Age Group Awards
- Portion of entry fee helps sponsor a child to run in the 1 Mile Fun Run
- Post Race Party and Expo
- Open to children 12 and under
- Participants will receive a cotton tshirt and Finisher’s Medal
Parents, Teachers, and Friends are encouraged to participate
Registrations completed by Friday, March 21, 2014, are guaranteed a t-shirt for the event. Adult 5K participants will receive a technical shirt. Fun Run/Walk shirts will be cotton.
Race Day Registrations will be accepted on the day of the event (Saturday, April 5, 2014, from 8:00-8:30 a.m.), however, t-shirts will be given on a first come, first serve basis, based on availability.
The Race Route can be found at this link: http://www.jlbonline.com/5kforkids
Cost of registration:
5K ~ $30 (Open to everyone)
1-Mile Fun Run/Walk ~ $10 (Open to children age 12 and under ~ Parents may walk with their children, at no additional cost)
*With each 5K registration, you are sponsoring a child in the Birmingham West End community to participate in the Fun Run/Walk, receive a t-shirt, and receive a participation medal.
Event schedule and times
Date: Saturday, April 5, 2014
Location: Regions Field
8:00-8:30 a.m. ~ Registration Open
8:00-11:00 a.m.~FREE Youth Expo
9:00 a.m. ~ 5K Begins
10:00 a.m. ~ 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk (Ages 12 and under)
10:30 a.m. ~ Awards Presentation
Junior League of Birmingham