Best of Active.com AwardsAll of us at Active.com want to extend a big THANK YOU to all who have participated in the Best of Active.com Awards. We truly appreciate your hard work and dedication to help us connect people to the events & activities they love to do.
Step 1: Find your favorite event
Step 2:your event to vote.
How to Win
Think you have the best running, triathlon or cycling event? Or do you simply love an event so much you want to make sure it wins? The Best of Active.com Award winners are determined entirely by popular vote.
As an event director, make sure you do the following to help improve your chances of winning:
- Download the customized voting badge to your event’s website
- Email all your participants and friends to recruit votes
- Spread the word to your social network through Facebook and Twitter
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling all Event Directors!
Below are some tips and tools to make sure your event gets the most votes possible.
1. Use the Voting Badge:
The voting badge is designed to help you easily collect votes. Go to the How to Vote page to get detailed instructions on how to create your customized voting widget. Once you’ve got it, use it!
Here are a couple of places to embed the voting badge so that all of your participants and event followers can vote:
- Add the voting badge to the homepage of your event website
- Include the voting badge in your monthly event newsletter to get out the vote
- Update your personal blog with your voting badge
2. Get Your Past Participants Involved:
The awards program is designed to not only gain popularity and notoriety for your event, but also to drive repeat registrations. Remember, your participants and followers can vote using the Like button on your Active.com events details page and register at the same time!
Here are some ideas on how to drive people to your Active.com event details page:
- Send an email to your past participants reminding them to register for this year’s event and cast their vote
- Ask your repeat participants to spread the word to their family, friends, and followers to drive more registrations and votes
3. Spread the Word Through Social Media:
Social media is a great way to use viral marketing to spread the word. Ask your social media followers to vote by sharing a link on Facebook or Twitter to your Active.com event details page or a link to your event’s website with the voting badge. Share early and often and watch your votes accumulate! **Note: Only Likes from the Active.com Event Details page will register as a vote.**
Keep your Facebook and Twitter followers up to date: