SEE TOUR PRICES BELOW. **Please note there is a 2.5% processing fee when registering on active.com.**
Kathy Loper Events is proud to announce our 11th Annual tour of the Great Wall Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K in Beijing, China on Saturday May 19, 2012. This unique sporting and touring opportunity, under the direction of the Danish and Chinese Athletic Federations is an incredible experience for both the participant and spectator.
"The Marathon of the Millennium" is now an international event. The course is awesome with 8K on the Great Wall. With the 1800 steps, varying greatly in width and height, the course is run on some steep ascents and descents as well as some very narrow passages on the Great Wall. Participants in the full marathon will conquer this section twice, while the half-marathon and 10K routes will travel through the farmland and villages and cover the 1800 steps of the Wall only once. The longest part of the course is flat with some rolling terrain as well as some dirt road as it travels through the Chinese farmlands and villages.
Please note this event is spectator friendly; you don't have to participate in the runs to travel with our tour. Non-participants will have the opportunity to experience The Great Wall at Huangyuaguan on inspection day two days before the actual event. Transportation is available for spectators on event day to various sections of the course to view the runners. So tell your neighbors and family members about this incredible, awesome travel experience.
Huangyaguan, China,2-hour drive from Beijing
TOUR PRICES AND OPTIONS:
Total Tour Cost from San Francisco on United Airlines:
8N - $3380.00
10N - $3990.00
13N - $4480.00
16N - $5540.00
* On United Airlines from San Francisco SFO
* Per person, sharing twin, including all air & land. Add Air Taxes (currently approx. $100.00).
* Please note possible air fuel surcharge to be added, currently $250.00 per person.
Single Room Supplement:
8N - +$ 400.00
10N - +$ 520.00
13N - +$ 640.00
16N - +$ 800.00
UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS ON ALL INTRA - CHINA FLIGHTS:
* $280 2N Xian.
* $300 Beijing/Xian/Shanghai.
* $600 Beijing/Xian/Tibet/Shanghai
* Only 8 First Class seats available on each Intra-China flight, request upgrade early!
CAPITAL HOTEL UPGRADE OPTIONS:
Capital Club Deluxe:
* Upgrade to Capital Club Deluxe Room on 12th Floor and up in Tower "A" (per person basis sharing double, subject to availability at time of reservation).
Junior Suite/ Forbidden City View:
* Upgrade to Junior Suite on high floors with Forbidden City View in Tower "A". (per person basis sharing King bed, subject to availability at time of reservation).
For all our programs the deposit is $500.00 per person at time of booking.
Add Travel Protection Plan (ask for quote) per person if desired.
Optional Travel Protection Plan:is available which covers your moneys paid if you must cancel or interrupt your trip for medical reasons. Must be paid within 21 days of the initial deposit, cannot be added later.
Balance due by latest 02 April 2012. (Final invoice will be sent out by 28Mar2012).
INCLUDED IN PACKAGES:
All Beijing packages include:
* Air fare non-stop from San Francisco on United Airlines, coach class. Business Class air supplement available on request. Includes weekend surcharge.
* Accommodations at Superior First Class to Deluxe Hotels as shown, basis sharing double/twin, non-smoking room. Single room supplement available.
* Package rates are based on Superior Rooms in new Tower "B" at Capital Hotel in Beijing.
* Full Buffet Breakfast daily at the hotels (special light breakfasts on early morning starts).
* "Welcome to China" cocktail and special carbo-loading Pasta Dinner at the Beijing Capital Hotel.
* Lunches on tours as shown
* In-flight meals at appropriate meal hours.
* Group transfers from/to airports, including baggage handling at airports/hotels.
* Sightseeing and excursions as shown, including entrance fees to places visited.
* English-speaking local guides.
* Hotel service charges and hotel taxes.
* Tipping to local guides and drivers on included services.
* Great Wall Marathon/Half Marathon/10K/Spectator official Registration Fee of $360.00 which includes: 17 May bus site inspection day trip including lunch, 29 May race day bus trip including lunch, organization of run by Chinese/Danish organizers, course marshals all along the run route, water stations every 1 1/2 miles,finisher medal, certificate, Gala Dinner including transfers, etc.
Note: This fee is included in the tour price and is mandatory for every participant on this tour, running or not. We will automatically register you for the event.
* 20-minute cool-down massage after the run for every Kathy Loper Events participant in our exclusive KLE massage tent at the finish line.
* Surprise memento of the run on the Great Wall.
* Beijing map, city and shopping information.
* A KLE Hospitality Desk in the Lobby of the Beijing Capital Hotel available daily for optional day tours, evening special dinners, or for any other event or shopping suggestions or general information.
10Night Beijing & Xian package include:
* Transfer from Capital hotel to airport in Beijing
* Round trip transfer Xian-Beijing.
*Round trip transfer to/from Mt. Huashan and entrance ticket.
*Round trip cable car ride to/from top at Huashan with picnic lunch.
*Tour of the Terra-Cotta Warriors Excavations including lunch at the digs.
*City Orientation Tour in Xian as...