The 1st annual Never Say No 5k and Family Fun Run takes place on a beautiful scenic course right next to the Hudson River. It starts at Long Dock Park and makes its way into Dennings Point State Park. There are no major hills but the 5k course is rocky and gets narrow at some points. We will have very visual markers to let you know of any obstacles. The Family Fun Run course is 1 mile long and is flat the entire way. Both courses are on trails. After looping Dennings Point you return to Long Dock where the finish line will be. The event also includes a post-race meal with raffles. Each race will be timed and medals will be awarded.
Event details and schedule
Event Day Schedule:
- 7:30 AM: Check-In/Registration Opens
- 9:00 AM: Family Fun Run (1 Mile) Starts
- 9:30 AM: Never Say No 5k Starts
- 10:00 AM: Post-Race Meal and Raffles Begin
- 11:30 AM: Raffle Winners Will Be Announced
- 12:00 PM: Closing Remarks
Volunteers will be directing you on where to park and how to leave. Please follow all of their directions so we can fit as many cars as possible in the park.
What you need to bring:
- Confirmation Email if you Pre-Registered
- Cash or Card if you are registering on site
What to wear:
- T-Shirt or any comfortable running tops
- Shorts or any comfortable running bottoms
On the Course:
Volunteers will be spread out all over the course. 2 volunteers will be at every .25 mile mark and every mile there will be a water station with 4 volunteers at each. Each water station will be equipped with a first aid kit if needed. If you need anything at all before, during, or after the race please find a volunteer and let them know.
The Ryan McElroy Foundation