College basketball dominates the sports landscape in March, starting with the conference tournaments and finishing with the NCAA men's Division I championship on April 2, and the NCAA women's Division I championship on April 3.
The best amateur talent in the country will be playing in these games, led by some of the top coaches in basketball. Their success is no accident—they worked hard for it and mastered some of the secrets it takes to get that good.
iHoops has taken many of its articles and videos featuring top college coaches, college players and former college players and compiled them here. Whether you're learning a new ball-handling drill, finding out more about ACL injuries or picking up tips to be a better coach, this guide has you covered—thanks to some of the biggest and best names in college basketball.
- How Duke Practices Transition 3-Pointers: The four-time national champions leave no stone unturned, using drills like this one for increasing efficiency on the fast break.
- Video: The Key to Good Shot Selection: Coaches like Baylor's Scott Drew and West Virginia's Bob Huggins helps you understand the difference between a good shot and a bad shot.
- Why Free Throws are So Important: Watch as Washington's Lorenzo Romar, Kansas' Bill Self and others explain why it's so important to draw fouls and get to the line.
- How to Cut Down on Team Turnovers: Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan shares a simple way to cut down on team turnovers and get better possessions.
- Video: Defending the Pick-and-Roll: Michigan State coach Tom Izzo goes into great detail about how his teams defend the pick-and-roll to prevent easy points.
- Principles of the 2-3 Zone Defense: A staple of Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim's remarkable tenure, learn how the 2-3 zone defense works and why it's successful when done right.
- 5 Keys to Building a Culture of Success: Kentucky coach John Calipari outlined on his blog why his teams are good year in and year out.
- What Are Your 7 Core Coaching Values?: Former UCLA coach John Wooden tried to keep seven things in mind with every team he coaches.
Strength and Conditioning
- Core Workouts With Tamika Catchings: Former Tennessee women's All-American Tamika Catchings goes through eight core exercises that will improve your athleticsm—and your play.
- 9 College Camps for Girls: Sharpen your skills at one of these college camps, including NCAA Tournament favorites like Stanford and Georgetown.
Dealing With Injuries
- What to Expect After a Torn ACL: UNLV men's player Kendall Wallace and Oklahoma women's player Whitney Hand tore their ACL, like many players do. Here's an inside look at their long recovery process.
- Healthy Weight Gain Tips for Players: A UCLA nutritionist explains the right things to eat if you want to gain lean muscle to go with your tall frame.
Playing College Basketball
- Video: Adjusting to College Basketball: Coaches like Oklahoma's Sherri Coale and Nebraska's Connie Yori explain the traits of college freshmen who succeed early.
- Fab Five's Jimmy King Gives Advice to Young Players: Twenty years ago he was on Michigan's iconic Fab Five team. Now, Jimmy King has advice for players looking to play college hoops.
- Video: ACC Coaches Talk Recruiting: An ESPN roundtable with ACC coaches like North Carolina's Roy Williams and Duke's Mike Krzyzewski talk about today's world of recruiting.
- What Do College Coaches Look for in Recruits?: Coaches like Indiana's Tom Crean give you an inside look at how a recruiter thinks when scouting potential prospects.