- Ryan's Run for Central Night Shelter on June 10, 2017 is a certified 5K course through downtown Atlanta and Grant Park. Certification #GA15045WC
- Central Night Shelter is an IRS approved 501(c) 3 charitable organization (EIN 46-2748621).
- Central Night Shelter is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization started in 1981 by an ecumenical group concerned about the growing problem of homelessness here in Atlanta. It has evolved into a winter night shelter serving the needs of 90-100 homeless men in downtown Atlanta from November 1st through March 31st. Open seven nights a week, the Shelter provides guests with a hot meal, bagged lunch and breakfast, showers, access to medical and foot care, recreational activities such as Yoga, basketball, and the chance to be part of a choir.
- The Bashor family has been an integral part of Central Night Shelter for over 30 years. Mark Bashor served as Executive Director for many years until Katie Bashor took over in 2000 and served that role tirelessly until her untimely death in April of 2016. Their children, Ryan and Jessie, grew up working at the Shelter spending time there every week with Mark and Katie. Ryan Bashor died August 6th, 2014 after a very private battle with bipolar disorder. This race is named for Ryan in tribute and as a reminder of the stigma attached to mental illness that prevents so many, housed and unhoused alike, from seeking help.
- Visit us at www.cnsatlanta.org and www.facebook.com/ryansrun15
Event details and schedule
T-Shirt and Packet Pick-up will be FRIDAY, JUNE 9th at Phidippides at Ansley Mall, 1544 Piedmont Avenue Northeast #119 Atlanta, GA 30324 from 10am - 7pm.
Race will start promptly at 8am, Fun Run will begin at 9am. Awards will be handed out after the Fun Run. Plan to spen the morning downtown! We'll have refreshments, music and activities for kids!
Ryan's Run for Central Night Shelter