4th Annual John Ripley MEMORIAL RACE
Start: Sunday, November 4, 2012 @ 9:00 AM (EST)
Annapolis , MD 21401
Welcome to the 4th Annual John Ripley MEMORIAL RACE celebrating the life of Col. Ripley and benefiting the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (IMSFF). The IMSFF was created in order to provide wounded veterans and the families with financial assistance and quality of life solutions. Col. John H. Ripley, USMC (ret.), a 1962 Distinguished Graduate from the U.S. Naval Academy, earned the Navy Cross for his heoric actions in Vietnam in 1972.
Annapolis, rich in its military support and history, is the perfect venue to celebrate the life and distinguished career of Col. Ripley, and support the Marine Corps and the IMSFF. The Race will include a 5K and a 1 Mile "Fun Run"! Race route runs through the nearby U.S. Naval Academy, through historic Downtown Annapolis, and starts and stops at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Come out and support the IMSFF and show your respect for one of the Marine Corps most decorated veterans!
FUNDRAISE AND WIN!
$250 for a Custom Ripley Race Visor, $1,000 for a GARMIN 610:
You automatically receive a personal fundraising page as part of your registration for the race. Go to: http://www.active.com/donate/RipleyRace2012, search your name, and you should find it. Send this to your friends and family, share it through social media, fundraise $250 and you'll receive a custome Ripley Race Visor, fundraise $1,000 and you'll receive a Garmin 610 Forerunner Watch! The limit is one per person and one per fundraising page.
Did you know about our youth running clinic?
Sign the kids up for our 6-week youth running clinic leading up to the race and inspire them to "Learn to Run, Learn to Support, Learn to Honor". The clinic is about a whole lot more than getting ready for the race. Find out more at www.ripleyraceclinic.com
Win $1,000 � Ripley Race Team Competition
New for 2012 is our Team Competition and chance to win $1,000. Pick a team leader, set up a �Team� during the online registration process and organize your team. The team with the lowest average run time wins $1,000. Teams must have at least 20 entrants include 3 female participants.
The Navy-Notre Dame Game Viewing Party Benefits the Ripley Race
Join us September 1st at Fado Irish Pub for the Navy-Notre Dame Football Game Viewing Party. Game time is 9:00am and the festivities start at 7:30. Don�t miss it, this is the best spot in town to watch the game!
<We are proud to partner with "In the Shadow of Greatness" book by USNA Class of 2002
USNA Class of 2002 spent three years inviting their classmates to open their hearts and share experiences endured on the front lines. Acting as a virtual podium for those unlikely to speak about war, these first-person accounts are written with humility and respect for those with whom they served, bringing deserved recognition to all veterans of the era. As wars in Iraq and Afghanistan subside, those who depart the military are seeking a higher purpose at home. Read their stories of enduring commitment to country as they return from the battlefield and become leaders out of uniform. Learn more and purchase a book here: http://shadowofgreatness.com/ripley-race
* Packet pick up is at Fado Irish Pub at Park Place Annapolis, 10:00 - 1:00pm on Saturday November 3rd (packet pick up is available the morning of the race as a back-up and for Midshipmen)
* Use parking Gate 5 off of Taylor Ave. the morning of the event and please plan ahead and come early. Parking fee is included in your race registration.
* Registration deadline to receive a race premium is October 28th.
* The event Start/Finish will be in the South End Zone "NavyFest" area just like last year
* Beers and Live Music on us! We're having another post party this year... on the day of the race wear your race premium shirt to Fado Irish Pub just blocks from the stadium finish line at Park Place and enjoy two beers on us! The festivities start after the race ends and include live music by Blue Miracle, drinks, auction and raffle items. We'll see you at the Fado Post Party
* The Race Directors reserve the right to cancel or modify the run in consideration of adverse weather conditions or other health or safety factors. There are NO REFUNDS.
* Spread the word to your friends and tell them to come out and support a great cause!
Please click the yellow "Create your Team" button and create your team. Once your team has been created please return to this page and click on the green "Register Now" button and register for your team.
Please click on the green "Register Now" button to register. On the registration form, select your Team name from the drop down list of teams and continue with your registration. If you do NOT see your teams name in the drop down list please contact your team captain.
Please click on the green "Register Now" button to register. DO NOT select a team name from the drop down list within the registration form.