11/3/13 - RIPLEY RACE 2013
Start: Sunday, November 3, 2013 @ 9:00 AM (EST)
Annapolis , MD 21401
Welcome to the 5th Annual John Ripley MEMORIAL RACE celebrating the life of Col. Ripley and benefiting the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (IMSFF). The IMSFF was created in order to provide wounded veterans and the families with financial assistance and quality of life solutions. Col. John H. Ripley, USMC (ret.), a 1962 Distinguished Graduate from the U.S. Naval Academy, earned the Navy Cross for his heoric actions in Vietnam in 1972.
Team Captain Registration
Create and Join your Team
Click on the "Create Your Team" below.
Then return to this page and click the "Register Now".
Choose a Team Member category and select your team name from the drop down menu at the top of the registration form.
Be sure to tell your team members once the team is created so they can join too!
Team Member Registration
To join a team, click the "Register Now" button.
Choose a Team Member category
Then select your team name from the drop down menu on the registration form.
If you do not see your team name, please contact your team captain.
Annapolis, rich in its military support and history, is the perfect venue to celebrate the life and distinguished career of Col. Ripley, and support the Marine Corps and the IMSFF. The Race will include a 5K and a 1 Mile "Fun Run"! Race route runs through the nearby U.S. Naval Academy, through historic Downtown Annapolis, and starts and stops at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Come out and support the IMSFF and show your respect for one of the Marine Corps most decorated veterans!
FUNDRAISE FOR RIPLEY RACE - Win and iPad!
During your active.com registration every participant will automatically receive a personal fundraising page that you can email and share to friends and family. Go to: http://www.active.com/donate/RipleyRace2013, search your name, and you should find it. Send this to your friends and family, share it through social media, fundraise $2,000 and you'll receive an iPad 2, Black 32GB with WiFi! The limit is one per person and one per fundraising page.
Did you know about our youth running clinic?
Sign the kids up for our 6-week youth running clinic leading up to the race and inspire them to "Learn to Run, Learn to Support, Learn to Honor". The clinic is about a whole lot more than getting ready for the race. Find out more at www.ripleyraceclinic.com
Win $1,000 ? Ripley Race Team Competition
Pick a team leader, set up a ?Team? during the online registration process and organize your team. The team with the lowest average run time wins $1,000. Teams must have at least 20 entrants include 3 female participants.
* Packet pick up is at Charm City Run shoe store at Annapolis Towne Center, 10:00 - 4:00pm on Saturday November 2nd (packet pick up is available the morning of the race as a back-up and for Midshipmen)
* Use parking Gate 5 off of Taylor Ave. the morning of the event and please plan ahead and come early. Parking fee is included in your race registration.
* The event Start/Finish will be in the South End Zone "NavyFest" area just like last year
* Beer and Live Music on us! We're having another post party this year... on the day of the race wear your race premium shirt to Fado Irish Pub just blocks from the stadium finish line at Park Place and enjoy your first beer on us! The festivities start after the race ends and include live music by We're Not Handsome. We'll see you at the Fado Post Party
* The Race Directors reserve the right to cancel or modify the run in consideration of adverse weather conditions or other health or safety factors. There are NO REFUNDS.
* Spread the word to your friends and tell them to come out and support a great cause!
* Online Registration will close 9pm on October 20th
Please click the yellow "Create your Team" button and create your team. Once your team has been created please return to this page and click on the green "Register Now" button and register for your team.
Please click on the green "Register Now" button to register. On the registration form, select your Team name from the drop down list of teams and continue with your registration. If you do NOT see your teams name in the drop down list please contact your team captain.
Please click on the green "Register Now" button to register. DO NOT select a team name from the drop down list within the registration form.
$40 - 5K Adults
$30 - 5K Military / MIDN / Youth
$10 - 1 mile Fun Run (all ages). Use parent DOB for waiver.