Start: Saturday, October 19, 2013
Anita , IA 50020
Registration Closing Date
Friday, October 18, 2013
Welcome to the Double Duathlon … we are starting with a basic multi-sport event and doubling the fun!
Come on and “Double Down in Whaletown” - join us at Anita Iowa State Park for the first annual Double Duathlon.
The idea is 3 fold.
1) We are creating a weekend event with a couple of multi-sport races at the same venue.
2) We are offering a short distance and intermediate distance to capture a variety of skill levels and creating the Double Duathlon for the over-achiever.
3) FREE – END OF THE YEAR PARTY on Saturday night for any Nebraska of Iowa multisport athletes. We are going to have fun in between the 2 race to celebrate the end of the year and camaraderie. The Race Director will supply grilled chicken, chips and adult beverages. Did I say it was FREE!
Come Race or Come Celebrate or Come Volunteer for the Double Duathlon. All the cool kids are Duin’ the Double!
Each athlete will receive:
- A timed event with splits
- Technical Shirt
- Invite to the Race Director’s Recovery Social on Saturday Evening
We hope you enjoy the experience. It is our objective is to provide a safe, fun and challenging event.
Where: Anita State Park – Anita, Iowa
When: October 19 and 20
Why: Why not? End of the season Duathlon with a twist!