Are you ready for 12 hours of mind-blowing competitive downhill? Cap off your 2012 MTB season in a fury! Red Bull Final Descent is a 12-hour endurance downhill mountain bike series on the gnarly terrain at Angel Fire Bike Park, Trestle Bike Park and Jackson Hole Bike Park geared to sport-, expert- and pro-class mountain bikers. The rider, duo or team to complete the most laps down the mountain in 12 hours wins their class and a grip load of prizes. This is an amazing weekend for spectators and riders alike!
Classes / Prizes: With a $5000 cash purse to top finishers at each event in all categories, plus prizes from our industry sponsors Oakley and Fox. A $500 cash purse goes to the series top pro male and female rider who completes the most laps in a combined total from the series. All other class series top finishers will receive a $120 cash prize.
Cash prizes for each event are as follows:
Division 1st 2nd 3rd
Pro Solo Men';s $1000 $400 $200
Pro Solo Women';s $800 $300 $100
Expert Solo Men';s $300 $200 $100
Expert Solo Women';s $300 $200 $100
Pro Duo, Mixed $1000 $400 $200
Expert Duo, Mixed $300 $200 $100
Team (3-4 riders), Mixed $300 $200 $100
Sport and/or beginner class riders may also register in the ';Expert'; class, with the understanding that the Red Bull Final Descent is not for the timid! There will be many people on course at the same time, and all riders must use caution and discretion when they encounter another rider.
Because of the popularity of this race, we have set a course rider/team limit of 250. Since a duo or team will only have one rider on course at a time, this means that a duo or team counts as one. So technically, we will have more than 250 competitors participating in the event. When you go to sign up online, don';t think it';s getting to full if the number is over 250. If you can register, then it means there is room for you to sign up.
- Full face helmets are mandatory for all athletes. Armor and gloves are strongly recommended.
- There are no ties. Close finishes will be resolved by timing & course officials using recorded data.
- Team class is based on best rider-on-team skill level.
- Obvious and significantly injured riders will be suspended unless or until they are proven capable of continuing safely (discretion of course officials).
- Chairlift loading will be 1 riders/bikes ALTERNATING with the public bike park guests. Only one rider per duo/team is allowed on course at any given time.
- Course officials may DQ riders for unsafe or unsportsmanlike behavior at any time during the event.
- Disputes may be petitioned to the race director and may result only in refund of participation fees.
Contact Mike.Taylor@us.redbull.com or 505.400.2756
Full details at www.angelfirebikepark.com/finaldescent