Ride For Research
Special Thanks to our Sponsors!
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics LLC
Williams R. Thomson
Anderson Winnelson Company
D & H Development (Tommy Dunn)
Everyone has been affected by cancer in some way, either yourself, a friend, or a family member. The Anderson University Center for Cancer Research works towards fining a cure for cancer by training students to do cancer research and to become physicians, occupational therapists, physician’s assistants and nurses. The Cancer Association of Anderson (CAA) helps Anderson County cancer patients with treatment-related care, by assisting them with financial aid, emotional support, information and referral to resources in the community and many other cancer-related needs. The CAA is Anderson’s only non-profit cancer association.
Cancer Facts for Anderson County:
- Anderson County has a cancer death rate 19.4% higher than the U.S. average and 12.8% higher than the average rate for South Carolina.
- Cancer deaths in Anderson County are drastically higher than our neighboring counties—Abbeville, Oconee, Pickens, and Greenville County.
- The annual rate of cancer deaths in Anderson County increased during 2002-2006 by 0.8% per year, a period when the national, state, and neighboring counties all saw significant declines in cancer deaths.
- According to the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, cancer was the leading cause of death in Anderson County in 2007.
Event details and schedule
- Registration and packet pick-up
- Visit information desks
- Riders meet and route review
- Race begins
- Cancer Survivors—form line of gratitude
- Pre-ride snacks, door prizes, raffle, rest stops (food, drink, ice)
- SAG support—Speedshop Bicycles
- After the Ride: Snacks will be provided
Check out our Route Maps:
Cancer Association of Anderson