No matter what your child's age is, there are always things that they can do to keep active. Lots of times, parents don't know how to get their kids off the couch.
Here are a few ideas to help your child get moving:
Kids Ages One to Three
- Play Ring Around the Rosie
- Toss a beach ball back and forth
- Make an obstacle course in the house with boxes, chairs or anything you have laying around
- Play musical chairs
- Take them to the My Gym for a class with other children
- Go to a local park
Kids Ages Three to Seven
- Play hopscotch
- Do jumping jacks and count how many you can do
- Take a bike ride through your neighborhood or local park
Kids Ages Seven to 11
- Practice somersaults, cartwheels and hand stands. Sign your child up for a gymnastics class.
- Do a gardening project. It's a great learning situation and your kids may even want to eat the veggies they grow.
- Learn how to jump rope
- Play frisbee
Kids Ages 12 and Up
- Make up dances for the kids to do
- Have the kids help you with yard work
- Pay the kids an allowance to help walk the dog
- Take the kids rollerblading in your neighborhood or to a skating rink.
- Play badminton as a family
It's always important to set a good example for your children. If you're sitting on the couch watching tv, they will too. It's great to take a walk as a family.
Get off the couch and take a class with your family.